Albany Running Exchange
70F / 21C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 38m 6s
Overall Rank = 20/149
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 7/32
Pre-race routine:

Pancake Breakfast, no coffee this morning I was running late and didnt have time to stop.
Event warmup:

No real warm up just got to the line and went. We were late to the start, and didnt have our numbers yet. The shuttle from the finish was kinda slow and ti took longer then they thought it would to get from finish to start.
Run
  • 1h 38m 6s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 07m 29s  min/mile
Comments:

Really good run. I liked the course. I just went out very easy for the first 8-9 miles and kept to the plan of nutrition every mile. Picked up the pace at the 9-10 mile point and then really hammered the last 3ish miles to the finish. There were some serious hills in the last 2 miles that really put distance between myself and the people behind me. I tried to keep a sub 7 pace from Pilot Knob road to the finish. Did a good job at that and finished strong. The last mile was killer, all I kept thinking was less then 7 min to the finish keep pushing.
What would you do differently?:

Maybe if I was looking to get a better time I would have gone out harder at the start but insted I kept to the plan of an easy start with a hard finish.
Post race
Warm down:

Shower, food and a little walk to the parking lots.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Still some fatague from the last 2 weeks of racing. My legs are starting to feel better but they are far from fresh.

Event comments:

I would only give this race an above average ranking b\c the total lack of traffic control. Running along 9N is VERY dangerous and people just didnt care that we were out there running.

Last updated: 2009-08-08 12:00 AM
Running
01:38:06 | 13.1 miles | 07m 29s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/32
Overall: 0/149
Performance: Good
min hr - 84 ave hr - 164 max hr - 190
Course: The course was VERY challenging with tons of rolling hills. I really liked the course other then the lack of trafic control.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? No