General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Worst swimmer EVER! (North Shore Swim Challenge) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-09 1:49 AM

Subject: Worst swimmer EVER! (North Shore Swim Challenge)
Total Time: 2 hours, 11 minutes
Overall: 368/403
Age Group: 28/28

Swallowed gallons of saltwater, threw up in my mouth, had constant chills, felt stinging on my back (jellyfish?), freaked out when I saw a pack of stingray.

Oh... and the lifeguard on a jet ski pulls up along side of me "Where the heck you going?" I told him I thought we were swimming around that point. His reply "That's Kaena Point". Oh... well, maybe over there. "That's Haleiwa! Look, you see the church over there, you're totally off course." My response: I thought I was on the inside. =)

Of course... i was disoriented, and couldn't see out my goggles. I finally convinced him just to point his arm in the right direction... and off I went.

Regardless of my horrible sense of aqua-direction... really... I just suck at swimming. Its not like i'm not pushing it. I now understand how the 250lb guys  feel when they run, and they see some 140lb dude fly by them with 1/3 the effort.

I should become a duathelete. =)

Well... at least I'm still alive.

2009-08-09 2:33 AM
in reply to: #2336518

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Worst swimmer EVER! (North Shore Swim Challenge)
Just remember....if it doesn't kill ya and so on.....
2009-08-09 2:48 PM
in reply to: #2336518

User image

Ft Bragg, North Carolina
Wow! You did have a rough one. That race even felt long too. I kept wondering when the turn would come. In my head all I could hear was: " Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" NO we're still swimming damn it! I appently missed a spot  with the vaseoline in my right armpit too. Ouch.
I thought I got a little sting on the right side of my face. I felt like a jellyfish sting anyway.
Are you going to do the Waikiki RW swim?

On the bright side.... you weren't last ;-

Edited by swussow 2009-08-09 2:49 PM
2009-08-10 2:32 AM
in reply to: #2336970

Yes. No one told me about Vaseline. I have rashes on both arm pits. When I got out of the water my armpits were on fire. =)

And I was not last. Very positive.

As for the RW swim... I'll be in Japan. So, unfortunately (or fortunately)... no, I won't
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Worst swimmer EVER! (North Shore Swim Challenge) Rss Feed