United States
92F / 33C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 29m 37s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 11/33
Pre-race routine:

Drove up to Jupite on Friday afternoon with a friend. We checked into the resort and grabbed our packet from the expo. I still had an OWS to tend to, so we met up with another teammate and headed down to teh ocean. It was pretty choppy and also very murky. I did a short swim but for some reason couldn't get comfortable after my friend told me she always get stung by jellyfish when she swims in the ocean...I could not relax after eharing that!

Decided to get my bike and bag set up for tomorrow and good thing, since my bib # was switched with someone elses..had to head back to the expo to exnchange it for the correct #. good thing the other person had not picket up their packet..
Got cleaned up and headed out to a japanese dinner. went to sleep a 9:30 and did my whole 4 am clif bar breakfast, slept til 5:15, the night up to head over to the race at 5:30.

Event warmup:

I rode my bike to the site to get a bit of bike warm up in, the nset up transition. My rack was alomsot the furthest waway from the bike.run exit! Did a run loop around the park to loosen up then heade to the bathroom (thank goodness for real bathrooms!) Headed down to the water for my warm up swim.
Swim
  • 10m 14s
  • 660 yards
  • 01m 33s / 100 yards
Comments:

The current was fairly strong and I wanted to make sure it didn't pull me past the bouy that I had to back trck. I started myself off to the right and dove right it. It was pretty messy getting around the bouy..lots of peopel being pushed into it since the waves and current were so forceful. Once I was around the bouy I jsut kept my head down and focused on good long storkes. I sighted really well and l kept myself on course!! I was passing a lot of people and I felt really strong.
What would you do differently?:

Just keep training
Transition 1
  • 02m 7s
Comments:

The run was up the beach and around a corner where a volunteer sprayed your feet as you ran by (nice touch!) then down a narrow staircase. I got stuck behind someone kinda takig their time. I finally passed then and ran to my spot. got my shoes on quickly and reached for my sunglasses...msing! They were in my helmet, but not there anymore...looked around for a sec and couldn't see them. Oh well..got my garmin, bike and I was off.

Not waste tme looknig for sunglasses
Bike
  • 44m
  • 13 miles
  • 17.73 mile/hr
Comments:

I had pushed myself in T1 pretty hard and was breathing pretty heavy. I tried to get my heart rate under control and my breathing, but it took almost half the ride to do that...I dont' think it hurt my bike, i was just breathing really heavy!~I wanted to push myself as much as possible without blowing up for the run. there was a decent headwind while heading south, so I really concentrated on keeping my cadence up. I knew another teammate was a bit of a better biker, but wanted to try and stay ahead of her as much as i could. She didn't catch me until the second half of the second loop. but I didn't try and push myself to catch her since i needed my energy for the run. (I figured I would catch her on the run since I thought she might not have been pacing herself very well) As I approached t2, took my feet out and rode with them on my shoes..good dismount and my T-area was prery close to the bike entrance.

Moe training in wind/hills
Transition 2
  • 01m 2s
Comments:

I felf great with my T2. My rack was close, got my wheel in the box and as I was taking off my helmet, I was putting on my shoes (no socks is really great!) Took a quick look for my sunglasses as I grabbed my endurolytes, visor and racebelt.

Nothing..I think I pretty fast on t2... I was the second fasted for my AG!!!
Run
  • 31m 25s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 10m 08s  min/mile
Comments:

As i was running out of T2, I popped an edurolyte and suddenly noticed i had also picked up my goggles.hmm..weird...stuffed those in my tri shorts packet and started on ym run. Right after exiting the park and heading north, I had to stop for a sec and walk ot slow my HR down...took only a moment and the started runnig again. I was right about my teammate..she was wwalking in front of me. I caught up to hear and kept on running...I knew she would not catch me if I kept up my pace. I was holding it steady at 10:30 for most the run. I drank and poured water on my head at every water station and wlaked for a few secs, but would pick it up right after. My goal was to keep running as hard as I could and not worry about how hard I was breathing. I was sure I could maintain under 10:30 if I kept that attitude. After I passed the 2 mile marker, and headed back onto A1A, I knew the end was close. There was a girl in My AG that was neck and neck with me. I was determined to pass her and keep ahead of her the entire time . It metally pushed me to have the best last mile of any race...I ran my last mile in 9:36! As I came into the finish chute. there were so many spectators and cheering me on and yelling my number..it was really very cool. I felt very good about my race and knew I put it all out there!

nothing!!! well continue to train and get faster
Post race
Warm down:

Guzzled down a water adn gatorade...walked around and stretched and watched the rest of my teamamates finish.
Thanked the girl for helping me have the best run..

What limited your ability to perform faster:

not sure if I was fully recovered from last weeks race..my legs on the bike felt liek they could have had more in them, but I just couldn't push any more than I was

Event comments:

I enjoyed this race, the specatators and volunteers were great!

Last updated: 2009-06-24 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:14 | 660 yards | 01m 33s / 100yards
Age Group: 8/33
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: Out to bouy and head left accross 3 bouys and back in
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 82F / 28C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 02:07
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:44:00 | 13 miles | 17.73 mile/hr
Age Group: 15/33
Wind: Some with gusts
Course: Out the park then south on A1A, loop around and repeat, then back into park
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 90
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:02
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Below average
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:31:25 | 03.1 miles | 10m 08s  min/mile
Age Group: 20/33
Course: Out of park and head north down A1A, then into a park with a loop, then back down A1A
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2009-08-09 11:16 AM

User image

Expert
Boca Raton, FL
Subject: 2009 Loggerhead Triathlon

2009-08-11 2:39 PM
in reply to: #2336733

User image

Expert
Sugar Hill, GA
Subject: RE: 2009 Loggerhead Triathlon
Great race regardless but especially considering you raced last week.  Very impressed with the way you raced your friend, you were confident enough to just do your ride and let the race come to you on the run.  Well done.
2009-08-11 5:38 PM
in reply to: #2342072

User image

Master
Boynton Beach, FL
Subject: RE: 2009 Loggerhead Triathlon
Kudos for racing back-to-back weekends! You had a great bike and looked strong when I saw you. And hey, no trip and fall this time on the run so that was boost right there Great kick at the end and overall, very impressive. I think it could be those shart BRT race outfits giving you the advantage... See you at Lake Worth race...
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » 2009 Loggerhead Triathlon Rss Feed