Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Wetsuit @ Kelowna Apple? Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-10 5:19 PM

Subject: Wetsuit @ Kelowna Apple?
I'm new to the sport and don't own a wetsuit. I heard that the water was too warm for them at last years race. Will that likely be the case this year as well? Debating whether or not I should rent/borrow one for the trip. Thanks.

2009-08-11 10:32 AM
in reply to: #2339804

New user
Subject: RE: Wetsuit @ Kelowna Apple?
Hi, I"m here in Kelowna and most of us are betting it's a no wetsuit year. However, a recent email I got from a local swim club guy said that he tested the temperature at the swim location and it was one degree warmer than the mark for wetsuits. If we have one good storm, the lake could turn causing the cooler water to rise and drop the temperature. Or we could have a warm / hot next two weeks and the lake will rise back up to the balmy 25 degrees celcius. So get used to swimming without but try to find out the temp before you leave to make a decision.

Heather
2009-08-18 6:31 PM
in reply to: #2341241

Hi Heather,

Thanks for the info. Any more news on the temperature of the lake? Still looking like a no wetsuit year?
2009-08-22 5:39 PM
in reply to: #2356853

User image

Extreme Veteran
Kelowna, BC

The temp at Gyro was 21.4 yesterday. It's warmer than Tugboat Beach.  They allowed wetsuits this morning, I suspect they will be allowed tomorrow too but I am prepared for either situation.

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Wetsuit @ Kelowna Apple? Rss Feed