General Discussion Race Reports! » City of Delaware 29th Annual Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

City of Delaware 29th Annual Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
delaware, Ohio
United States
City of Delaware Parks and Recs
80F / 27C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 18m 50s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 10/13
Pre-race routine:

Biked to the race from my house- 1.8mi. Nice AM ride to get the legs loosened up.
Event warmup:

Got in the pool and swam 100yds. Lots of stretching; my calves almost always cramp up on the run so I'm a bit paranoid.
Swim
  • 09m 50s
  • 547 yards
  • 01m 48s / 100 yards
Comments:

Shared a lane w/ H2OLupa. Wish we had lap counters; I got 1/2 way done with my run and panicked that I mis counted a 50.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

Zippy! Transition wasn't closed so you had to weave your way around excited parents/spouses/kids. A bit annoying but there was only 40 or so contestants.
Bike
  • 33m 55s
  • 8 miles
  • 14.15 mile/hr
Comments:

I forgot to drink! 9 miles is just so short!
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Grabbed some water from my bottle and slapped on my gear. I forgot my visor at home but managed to find shade alone the course.
Run
  • 35m 45s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 11m 30s  min/mile
Comments:

VERY HAPPY with my run- this is the first TRI I have finished where there was NO WALKING! WAHOOO!! Yay for fat chicks everywhere! Running with a smile on your face has now become my secret weapon. I'm fooling myself into having a good time. Sure I got passed on the run- mostly by some nice pace booty but I made it and didn't walk!
Post race
Warm down:

Walking, drinking some water. Stretching. Hey- I biked to the tri and I'm gonna have to bike home!

Event comments:

Since this was the "29th annual" race I expected better. Sure it' a local race with no timing chips but they only have ONE drink station on the course and NO POST RACE FOOD. Also we had to beg the lifeguards to get into the water to warm up. Sure McDonalds sponsored the race- but no lovin from McD's....even though I would of NEVER eaten any food they provided. (Ok, well maybe a Sausage Egg McMuffin)

The RD really didn't have a clue. Transition was open to anyone, the T entry and exits weren't marked well. People were SITTING DOWN ON CHAIRS in the T!

But it was a local race, I had fun. The cops did a great job in stopping traffic and it was nice to see the community get together. I just wish there was a bit more organization next year.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2009-07-21 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:09:50 | 547 yards | 01m 48s / 100yards
Age Group: 3/13
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit: Tri shorts & sports bra
Course: Mingo Park pool- nice and clear. 2 to a lane, shared with H2OLupa.
Start type: Inside Pool Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:33:55 | 08 miles | 14.15 mile/hr
Age Group: 8/13
Performance:
Wind: Little
Course: One of our default 'normal' training routes, so I was pretty prepared for the hills. Not as hilly as Miami, but still had some oomph in them. Got passed on a straightaway- I was only pushing 14. Tires were low and I was grumbling..then wizz! I got passed by the 2nd and 3rd place finishers. Try and I might, I just didn't have the heart to catch them.
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:35:45 | 03.11 miles | 11m 30s  min/mile
Age Group: 10/13
Course: Out and back.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Bad
Race evaluation [1-5] 2

{postbutton}
2009-08-17 4:48 PM

User image

Delaware, OH
Subject: City of Delaware 29th Annual Triathlon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » City of Delaware 29th Annual Triathlon Rss Feed