General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ladies: Sports bra help please Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-17 9:17 PM

New user

Subject: Ladies: Sports bra help please
Okay, I need some help.  I need new sports bras, but I can't seem to find anything with enough support for running.  I'm not the kind of girl who can pull off the little work out tops as my only form of support, but I'm also not a size DD.  I'm a C cup and just need enough support to not be bouncing all over the place.  Do any of you ladies out there have any suggestions on good sports bras??  I've always used Under Armour, but mine are too worn out now.  Help, please!

Also, I haven't done my first triathlon yet, but what do you girls do with swimming and running?  I know there are tri-specific suits and stuff, but is that enough support?

2009-08-18 11:27 AM
in reply to: #2354649

User image

Elite
Puyallup, WA
Subject: RE: Ladies: Sports bra help please

For both my tri's I worke a sports bra underneath a tri top.  The color transferred a bit from the colorful top to white bra...but oh well!

The tri top I got was from skirtsports.com  It's ok.  I got it in the outlet section and got a good deal on it...but I wouldn't pay full price for one.  Plus the shorts that go with it aren't made for me.  The waist fits, but the elastic around the leg holes cut into me and make the leg fat burst at the seams!!  So I got a danskin pair and like those...so my suggestion is to try them on and see!

A bra a lot of women have said good things about is the Moving Comfort Fiona bra - I found mine at REI (can probably go to REI.com if there isn't one near you)  It's one of the few bras I can wear and only feel the need to wear one.  I'm typically a 2-bra girl...I like them packed and not in the way!

Above all - my suggestion is to try out the outfit before race day!  (And anything else you may use, like gels or drinks...) You don't necessarily need to do an entire race run-through...I put mine on and did a 15 minute swim

Hope this helps and good luck!

2009-08-18 11:54 AM

User image

Regular
Bishop, CA
I just got a new sports bra from Lululemon and I love it.  I'm not the kind of girl that worries about "uniboob" and this bra is really supportive and my Bs don't move at all when I'm running, which is all I care about.  It's called the Action Reaction Bra.
2009-08-18 12:03 PM

User image

Master
Metro NY Area
Yesterday my running group had a woman from CWX come talk about their bras. I would look into them, they looked quite supportive and had several versions for different support.
2009-08-27 9:20 AM

Regular
NorCal, near Lake Tahoe, Ca
I swear by the Sportek bra from RoadRunner Sports. It's supportive, lasts forever, doesn't chafe and is only $30.
2009-08-28 3:12 PM

User image

New user
Columbus, Indiana

My wife loves the Enell sports bra. Won't wear anything else now. She did her first sprint a couple weeks back, and just wore the Enell sports bra under a tri-suit. She gets them off Amazon.

2009-08-29 1:15 PM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

CWX bras ROCK.  I'm a 34D and they hold me just fine.  I wear the in all my tris, runs and rides. 

2009-08-30 6:20 PM

Pembroke, ON
The Moving Comfort Fiona bra rocks!  Very comfortable and VERY supportive.  I'm a DD and it is the only bra I will wear now, keeps everything in place without the discomfort of a compression bra and the uniboob look.
2009-08-31 9:37 AM
in reply to: #2379225

User image

Regular
Little Rock, AR

In general, you get what you pay for in sports bras, if you don't want bounce (and seriously, you DON'T want bounce! It will cause breasts to sag over time) expect to invest some $$$$. I was about your size pre-pregnancy and now am a DD while breastfeeding.

I second the Moving Comfort Fiona and CWX X-tra support bra. I also like the Champion Powerback bra and find that it gives good support. If you do some searching, you can find all of these on sale at various places. Just be aware that sizing is NOT consistent between brands (in some I'm a 34D, others a DD or even a 36!). I like to order from places like Runner's Warehouse with free return shipping.

Oh, and as far as the Enell bras - they will completely prevent bounce, but they are just too much like wearing body armor!

I always wear a sports bra under my tri tops, they just have shelf bras and that's probably not enough support for running with C sized boobs

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ladies: Sports bra help please Rss Feed