The usual...power bar, port-o-john, and walk to the start line
Event warmup:

None/walk to the start line
Run
  • 1h 43m 47s
  • 13.11 miles
  • 07m 55s  min/mile
Comments:

This was a good training race. Purposefully slow pace and also due to the time we started in the pack. Had I been at 100% I would have been hard pressed to run at my regular pace due to the shear number of people. It didn't really spread out until 12k into the race, and there was still plenty of weaving through people to be done until the closing 5k.
What would you do differently?:

For next year...wake up and get to the race even earlier and start closer to the starting line.
Be at 100% for fitness and actually race the race.
Post race
Warm down:

Massage and walking around the finish area.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Conscious decision to take it slow and easy after having my leg blow up last weekend.
And limited by my placement in the pack...there was one or two bottle necks where the race actually came to a walk. It was also difficult to get to the water tables and not come to a walk or a short stop due to the number of people.

Last updated: 2009-07-19 12:00 AM
Running
01:43:47 | 13.11 miles | 07m 55s  min/mile
Age Group: 158/4516
Overall: 473/9965
Performance: Good
Gun Time: 1:50:49...somehow I crossed the starting line at exactly 5:30AM (which was the start time of the race), yet I was 7min 02sec late. It ended up working out. If I would have been there on time I may have tried to run too fast. 473/9956 finishers 446/8045 men 158/4516 men's open division FACTS: Who's who Of the 10438 who finished, 19% were women and 81% were men. Opposite Sex: For the record, you were ahead of about 99% of women finishers. Timing Info Your start delay: 7m 2s. Note: This page based on NET times. Click images for GUN times. From 17Km to Finish You passed 288 runners And 0 passed you.
Course: Started at the Esplanade then followed the east coast parkway to East Coast Park. I've never been to ECP, but it looked pretty nice even in the dark. After leaving ECP the course returned west to the city had several kilometers on the F1 race track and ended 400M after crossing the esplanade bridge. Mostly Flat!
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %0
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes