General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Indianapolis Sprint Triathlon Series : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-19 11:11 AM

User image

Regular
Subject: Indianapolis Sprint Triathlon Series : Official Thread

Hello All,

I did not see this thread out there so I thought I would start one.  This is my first Indy Sprint Series in August and first Indy Sprint with the new swim format and bike route.  Any information that you all can give would be great.  Such as:

How was the swim with the new format?  I am so used to getting kicked and hit in face that it should be something different.  Will it be wetsuit legal with the rain or do you think temps will stay above 78 degrees?  The bike route looks like it has changed since I last ran the race back in June of 07, is it as hilly as my BT route creater says it is (680 feet of climbing in 10 miles).

Thanks for any advice and looking forward to seeing some BTers at the race.  I will have a Black and Gold Cannondale 800IM Tri Bike, please stop and say hi if you see me.

Eric

Edited by 53epilot 2009-08-19 11:12 AM

2009-08-19 11:36 AM
in reply to: #2358030

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Indianapolis Sprint Triathlon Series : Official Thread
Hi Eric

I have done 2 of these sprints this summer with the new format for the swim.

1 at EC and one at Morse, and I like it overall - I tripped over the timing mat on my way in at Morse and did a face plant on the beach (i don't think anyone saw )

I did the first EC sprint this year with a different bike course than we are using this weekend.  I have run the whole course we are using however and It will be fun, I assure you.

The run is going back to the old out and back format

I have a yellow, silver and black Giant Trinity, will be the unco-ordinated last person out of the water so be sure to say hi yourself if you see me

Good Luck

Michael
2009-08-19 11:36 AM

User image

Veteran
Hi Eric

I have done 2 of these sprints this summer with the new format for the swim.

1 at EC and one at Morse, and I like it overall - I tripped over the timing mat on my way in at Morse and did a face plant on the beach (i don't think anyone saw )

I did the first EC sprint this year with a different bike course than we are using this weekend.  I have run the whole course we are using however and It will be fun, I assure you.

The run is going back to the old out and back format

I have a yellow, silver and black Giant Trinity, will be the unco-ordinated last person out of the water so be sure to say hi yourself if you see me

Good Luck

Michael
2009-08-19 12:11 PM

Good Luck to all the racers.
I wish it wasn't sold out. The indy sprint is one of the few races with a fat tire division.
2009-08-19 1:32 PM
in reply to: #2358099

User image

Regular
Muncie
Sorry about the trip, and I hate to tell you but my wife and daughter saw you fall. I also liked the start compared to the mass wave start. A lot less hitting and kicking.
2009-08-19 2:02 PM

User image

Veteran
Buffalo Grove
The new swim start... is ok I guess.  I miss the mass start but that is ok.  It sort of helps spread out the start of the race. 

The new bike course is a little bit of a challenge. You will get your heart rate up during the bike. Once you exit the park and make a right that is almost a constant up hill, not a big one but it will get your attention.  You think great, after the turnaround it will be all down hill.  For some reason it does not work that way, I put a lot of effort to get back into the park.

The run.... well that is the normal run.  Flat and fast.

I am not going to race, I am resting up for IM Louisville but I will be out voulentering

2009-08-19 2:15 PM

User image

Master
Central Indiana
Did my 1st EC tri last month so can't compare new vs old formats/routes.  Had a great time.  The TT-style start (for non-Elites) seemed to go very well.  No serious contact except right near the buoys.  Bike course had a couple sharp turns and moderate (not severe) hills.  Overall very nice course. 
I didn't get signed up in time for this one, but that's OK since I'm still recovering from 1st Oly @ Tri Indy last Sunday. 
May do Boilerman or Fisher's Sprint to get in 1 last tri this year.
2009-08-21 5:53 PM

User image

Regular
Has anyone heard what the water temp is?  Last week it was 80 degrees, but I am wondering with all the rain and cooler temps, if the race will be wetsuit legal.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Indianapolis Sprint Triathlon Series : Official Thread Rss Feed