General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Achilles issues that NEVER go away Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2009-11-28 2:05 PM
in reply to: #2533935

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2009-11-30 4:52 PM
in reply to: #2361838

Veteran
Subject: RE: Achilles issues that NEVER go away

I will try to detail my therapy since PRP for my achilles tendonitis.  I had the PRP four weeks ago now.  I was in a boot for five days following the procedure. At 7 days post PRP, I began cross training as recommended by my physician.  Just some moderate swimming with the pull buoy and 30 minute sessions on the spin bike.  I also did some light stretching and three sets of eccentric calf exercises once a day for the following week.  It still hurt like crazy--even worse than before the PRP.  The third week I kept following the same stretching and strengthening exercises, and even bumped them up to twice per day.  I also increased the swimming but began to kick.  The pain was no better than it was the week before.  I followed her plan exactly as prescribed.  The only problem was that the pain was now constant and even more than before PRP.  I called my doc and asked if this was normal and she said to go to PT.  I met with the physical therapist last week and she said that I am strong but the tenderness is more than the other patients she has seen post PRP.  She did not give me any exercises after this consultation and said she wanted to talk with my doc before we went forward.  She called me last wednesday and said that both her and the doc recommend I put my boot back on for 5 days.  I went to work without the boot today and the heel pain is still there.  I really don't know what to do other than just rest it for another week until my next PT appointment.  There has been no ultrasound or other therapies prescribed or recommended at this point by either my doc or therapist.  I'm real frustrated because I've rested this puppy for several months now and it is actually worse since PRP.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Achilles issues that NEVER go away Rss Feed  

of 2