Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Bike
  • 5h 57m
  • 106 miles
  • 17.82 mile/hr
Comments:

Team Toyota entry into the Tour de Cure 2009. We raised $26,183 as a team and had about 20 members riding! This was my first full century ride and it was a blast! A very cool course, some decent climbing in spots on the way to Estes, especially into Glen Haven, there is a tough couple miles that is supposedly up to 15% in some spots, glad I had the granny gear although it was the first time I've used the small ring all year. The first 30 miles were tough because we were trying to stay together and it is just too hard to do with 20+ people of varied abilities. Eventually I split off with about 4 other guys and we went along at a very good clip, in fact I was worried I'd have to drop off because of the pace we were going on the climb to estes but stuck in there till the end. The 30 miles or so decending from estes was a blast! We had a group of about 5 of us slipstreaming all the way down at 30+mph the whole time..we picked up quite a few people on our paceline as well. Rollers into longmont were tough at times but got through them ok. Overall I had originally planned to go out much easier than I did and I'm glad I ended up riding with some guys that pushed the pace and that I was able to keep it up until the end. Nutrition worked out very well, I kept eating and drinking frequently and didn't have a problem with bonking or running out of steam. I took two days off prior to this ride and hydrated well beforehand which I'm sure also lended to a good ride. Our Team OWNED this thing! We were the top fundraising team, we had the most members of any of the other teams, had full on custom uniforms and the sight of 5 or 6 of us moving in a paceline at 30+ was pretty awesome. It felt good to be out on a beautiful day, on a beautiful course, and make an impact towards funding diabetes research. Will be back next year for sure.
Post race
Warm down:

Massage in the toyota tent. Not much otherwise

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Could have had a much faster time if we split off earlier, but this wasn't a race.

Last updated: 2009-06-25 12:00 AM
Biking
05:57:00 | 106 miles | 17.82 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Wind: Little
Course: Fairgrounds in Longmont to Estes park and back.
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right