General Discussion Race Reports! » Freshwater Trust Portland Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Freshwater Trust Portland Triathlon - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Portland, Oregon
United States
Total Time = 2h 26m 5s
Overall Rank = 32/300+
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 4/30
Swim
  • 29m 56s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 50s / 100 yards
Comments:

Definiately need to work on the swim!!! My slowest leg by far. Pace was 1:49 per 100 yd....that needs to be down around 1:30 if I wanna be anywhere near the leaders coming out of the water. Plan is to spend all winter in the pool. But the swim was still fun for sure...it was awesome hanging on the dock with everyone and then swimming under a few huge bridges....good times. There were some girls from other waves that FLEW by me...it was pretty sad. I just couldn't go any faster for some reason. Need to work on technique and drills.
Transition 1
  • 02m 30s
Comments:

Get a tri suit and race belt
Bike
  • 1h 13m 44s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 20.22 mile/hr
Comments:

SSSUUUPPPPPEEEERRRR FUN!!!! I loved the course. Three loops that went up into the hills by OHSU...tough route but that played to my advantage. I flew by people on the uphills and got passed some on the downhills. It was awesome tho flying around...I think I can definiately become a really goood cyclist if I stick with it! THe only bad thing was the minor crash I had. Some dudes chain fell off so he veared off to the side and clipped my front tire. So I went down..not too hard...but then MY chain fell off!! So I was flippin out...super mad cuz these peeps were passing me that I just worked so hard to pass. BUt all in all...it didn't hurt me too bad and I still ended up with a 20+mph race. Super FUN!!
Transition 2
  • 01m 23s
Comments:

Took down about half a gu....try to get full one down next time and probably one on the bike too.
Run
  • 38m 30s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 06m 13s  min/mile
Comments:

I could not believe how easy this run felt for the first 4 miles. I just wanted to stay calm and pick people off. I started out at about 6:22's to be safe but those felt like cake walk. So I closed with a few 5:40 somethings and felt great. I was very happy with this run....this is off of absolutely no workouts either...just steady runs. I ended up averaging 6:12's...I think I could definately average that same pace for a half mary in a 70.3 next year. Awesome Aweseome Awesome Race....sooooo fun!
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

Just need to spend ALL winter in the pool and on the trainer....and who knows what could happen next year. I wanna get good!!!!!!

Last updated: 2009-07-28 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:29:56 | 1640 yards | 01m 50s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/30
Overall: 0/300+
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting: