General Discussion Race Reports! » Time Trial Triathlon "The Grudget Match Triathlon" Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Time Trial Triathlon "The Grudget Match Triathlon" - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Coconut Creek, Florida
United States
MultiRace
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 01m 12s
Overall Rank = 116/371
Age Group = Female 45-49
Age Group Rank = 1/13
Pre-race routine:

The Time Trial Triathlon a.ka "The Grudget Match Triathlon" was other great Race organized for the people of:

Photobucket

And It's part of the 2009 Ameriprise Financial South Florida Triathlon Series...

It took place in Tradewinds Park, Coconut Creek, Florida...holding a Triathlon and Duathlon at the same time...with 371 participants in the Triathlon and 106 participants for the Duathlon...

The Triathlon had the Time Trial type start (except for the Pro/Elites...all together...like a normal triathlon format)...

This Time Trial Race consisted of starting participants 1 at the time at approximately 3 seconds intervals...and...the start was not in a particular order...We (participants) formed a line...and...was first come, first served...

Also...We had the chance to race head to head with our hubbies, buddies, friends, teammates or coachs...small groups...even...We were not in the same category...

Saturday Aug.29th:

Woke-up late...nice...!!!
Took my usual Saurday full breakfast: Orange Juice, eggs, bacon with toasted bagels w/cream cheese, slices of turkey and salame, and brie on top, coffee w/milk...Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!!!
And Off Course...my package of Multi-Vitamins and Minerals, Amino 1500, Glucosamine and CO Q-10

Wiped/lubed/tuned bike....changed wheels for Race Wheels...prepared/packed all my Race Stuff...and...beverages for Race...

Took a good lunch...Noodles with turkey in Alfredo Sauce...and...after 1/2 hour...took an 1 hour nap...nice....!!!!

Got early dinner...grilled salmon, yellow rice and steams sparagus...

At 7:00 p...loaded bikes and Transition Bags into the car...

Prepared my usual hot green tea...with a small piece of Key Lime Pie...

Went to bed at 8:00 pm to watch some TV...till 9:00 pm...when my Buddy joined me...and...went to sleep....ZZZZZZzzzzzzz

Sunday Aug.30th:

Woke-up at 4:15 am...Got dressed...Took our usual Pre-Race breakfast: For me...first OJ...then my Super-Soy Protein Shake...and...for my Buddy...OJ, waffle with PB and coffee...and...our packages of Multi-Vitamins and Minerals, Amino 1500, Glucosamine and CO Q-10.

Took our coolers with beverages and leave from home around 4:50 am...It took us around 1 hour to get to Tradewinds Park...but...the line at the Entrance was very long and moved in slow motion...it took us about 15 minutes to get finally inside the Parking Lot...

Took our bikes, bags and coolers and ran fast to get our Race Packages, Bid #s, timming chips and Body Marked...

For this Time Trial Triathlon they had again the new Cool selection of Swimming Caps:

Swimming Caps

And We had the options to select our favorite...but...unfortunate...We got a little late and we only had two choices: the Gold Fish and Yellow Goofy Nemo...the rest ran out...Damn...I wanted the blue one...!!! LOL

My Buddy got the Bid #160 / Gold Fish Swimming Cap...and...me the Bid # 152 / Yellow Goofy Nemo....

Time Trial Triathlon

Super-Happy with these new designs of Swimming Caps cuz NO more PINKY CAPS....Yes...!!!

Went to Transition Area...placed bike in my rack area...set up all my stuff like usual...but first put Bid #s in my bike, helmet and belt:

Helmet over seat, Speedfill with a mix of water/AminoVital in it's cage in the bike and sunglasses over the handlebar...

Put a green towel in front of my bike and over the biking/running shoes and next a bottle with frozen water and my belt with Bid# and small ziploc with 2 Endurolytes inside my hat all wrapped...

Took an Accel Gel and 2 Endurolytes with a mix of water/AminoVital...Check Entrances/Exits...and...took my Swim Cap, goggles and wax ear-plugs and ran to the Swim Area...
Event warmup:

By the time I got at the Swim Area...there were already a long line of participants....maybe they camped in the park to get the first spots...LOL

Put my wax ear-plugs, swim cap and goggles and jumped into the water...and...swam maybe 100 mts and came back to shore to meet with my Buddy and our training partners (Angelo and Bred)...that...were already in the line waiting for me...but...I noticed that my velcro strap with the timming chip on my right ankle was losing during my swimming...and...put it more tight...but...I was not satisfied...it was not working very well...

At that point...Chewie Louis was coming and saw us...and...joined us in the line...

The Pro/Elites started in time all together at 7:00 am and at the same time the Duathlon Race in Mass...and...after 5 minutes...the Time Trial Triathlons started...

Everybody had to wait behind the mats...and...Once you have green light...you cross the starting mats...your Race has begun and your time is recorded...

Here in this pic taken for Angelo's wife...My Buddy, Bred, Angelo and me waiting in the line our turn and looking how the first ones were doing their start...

Time Trial Triathlon

Finally after maybe 5 to 10 minutes...We got at the Swimming Start Arch...where the Race Director was giving green light to start the Race...

Chewie and other guy were in front of us...and...when the RD ordered to start...They ran and jumped into the water...and...we were next...
Swim
  • 09m 11s
  • 400 meters
  • 02m 18s / 100 meters
Comments:

Swim Course:

Swimming Course

Just after Chewie Louis jumped into the water...and after 3 seconds...the RD...gave us green light...and...We (My Buddy, Angelo, Bred and me) ran and jumped into the water...I was first with Angelo and behind us...Bred and my Buddy...

Here You can see the sequence of Pics when We started:

Time Trial Triathlon Time Trial Triathlon Time Trial Triathlon Time Trial Triathlon

It was a nice swimming...I really took it easy...I don't know why???...but...maybe cuz I was not racing against anybody...no competition and not fight like usual in the Wave start...nothing...I didn't feel under-pression...but...

Just after the first 100 mts...I started feeling that I was losing my velcro strap with the timing chip from my right ankle...and...it was too late when I try to get it...but...Opppssss...I lost it...but...I didn't stop and continued cuz I knew that I had the other one on my left ankle for back-up...

When finally I got to the other side of the lake when my fingers touched sand...I got up and ran very fast to the mats at the Swim Exit...and...was here...when I felt pumped...and...my Race started...LOL

Running very fast till the Entrance to Transition Area...removing goggles, swim caps and wax ear-plus at the same time and put them inside the Swim Cap...

Note: The running from the Swim Exit to Transition was included in the Swimming Time....

Transition 1
  • 00m 49s
Comments:

Other usual fast transition...I was the fastest in my AG and 38th Overall / 371 participants...

Just in my rack area put helmet, biking shoes and sunglasses...took bike...my bike was the 2nd one the rack...and ran out of Transition very fast...
What would you do differently?:

Practice and practice...
Bike
  • 31m 9s
  • 10 miles
  • 19.26 mile/hr
Comments:

Bike Course...2 Laps Course:

Bike Course

Just out of Transition in the mount area...jumped on my bike...and...cranked as fast I could....passing tons of people...but...very hard to know how I was doing...cuz...I could see where are the women from my AG...and...I decided to do the best I can...after the 2 Lap...just approching to the desmount area...our friend Bred passed me...but...when I jumped off the bike like usual...very fast...like the Pro/Elites but keeping shoes on...I passed him....LOL

Train and train...
Transition 2
  • 00m 51s
Comments:

Other fast transition...The fastest in my AG and 67th Overall / 371 participants...

Placed bike in the rack...changed shoes, took off helmet, took hat and bottle with water and ran out of Transition Area....

Practice and practice...
Run
  • 19m 13s
  • 2.5 miles
  • 07m 41s  min/mile
Comments:

Running Course:

Run Course

Just out of Transition...runnning not too fast and not too slow...with a constante pace...put hat and belt with Bid#...and...took the 2 Endurolytes with enough water...tossed some over my head, neck and shoulders...and...started to push more harder....passing a lot of people...but...not knowing how I was doing...cuz...no idea where were the women in my AG...just when I got in the mile 2...I pushed a little more till the last mile when I sprinted to the Finish Line...

Here is the sequesce of Pics when I'm approcing and passing the Finish Line:

Time Trial Triathlon Time Trial Triathlon Time Trial Triathlon

Train and train...
Post race
Warm down:

Just when I passed the Finish Line...I volunteer gave to me a bottle of water...and...other one took my timing chip from my left ankle...and...asked me for the other one...I told her...I lost it in the Swimming Leg...and...she took note about it...

I went directly to the trailer where the Race Director and informed him what happened...and...he told me..."Don't Worry the velcro straps float...maybe the life guards already got it"

I decided to go to check just in case in the Swim Start Area...there were winds blowing from west to east...that means...it would be at shore in the my side...by my surprise...I found first one...but...not mine...then other one...and neither mine...and no more...but...still I was happy that at least found two and hoping the life guards found mine...
Went back to the trailer...and...informed the RD...and...he was surprised...and asked me: "Did you find yours???" and I said "No...but...found 2"...and...He told me "Don't Worry Be Happy...!!!"

Meet with my Buddy at Transition...collected/packed all my Race Stuff and took everthing to the car...

Came back to check Results and by my surprise...

I got 1st in my AG...WooooooooooooHooooooooooo...!!!

1st place Female AG 45-49

Female Overall: 13th / 123 women

Overall: 116th / 371 participants

Total Time: 1h 01m 12s New PR: 22 seconds

Here in the Award Ceremony:

Time Trial Triathlon Award Ceremony

And here the Award:

Time Trial Triathlon Award...

And Here more Pics in action:

http://eventpictures.com/app/event/searchPicture?eventInstanceId=16...

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing in particular...but...
It's first time racing in this kind of format Time Trial...and...in my perception...I don't feel the competition like in the normal format...where I can track the women in my AG...and...push more when I need...
I know that I could push more but I really didn't know how I was doing...

Event comments:

It was other nice and different format of Race and very well organized like usual...Good Job MultiRace.com !!!

Last updated: 2009-07-28 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:09:11 | 400 meters | 02m 18s / 100meters
Age Group: 6/13
Overall: 195/371
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Run Plus: Time Trial
Water temp: 80F / 27C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:49
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:31:09 | 10 miles | 19.26 mile/hr
Age Group: 3/13
Overall: 176/371
Wind: Some
Course:
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:51
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:19:13 | 02.5 miles | 07m 41s  min/mile
Age Group: 3/13
Overall: 81/371
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2009-09-05 3:47 PM

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL
Subject: Time Trial Triathlon "The Grudget Match Triathlon"

2009-09-05 6:14 PM
in reply to: #2391526

User image

Master
Goodyear, AZ
Subject: RE: Time Trial Triathlon "The Grudget Match Triathlon"

Well done on another AG win! Love those swim caps. I liek the idea of swimming to a different place for T1 but it is more fun to be in a group. Great times all around!

2009-09-06 4:34 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Denver
You're my hero!!
2009-09-08 1:56 PM

User image

Veteran
Florida!
nice race leonora!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Time Trial Triathlon "The Grudget Match Triathlon" Rss Feed