General Discussion Triathlon Talk » OOps wrong turn on bike, getting dark...wait deer don't you see me Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-05 8:00 PM

Subject: OOps wrong turn on bike, getting dark...wait deer don't you see me
So today was our third day of summer here in Michigan.  After prepping the boat for tommorrw I thought I would  go for a ride.  I rode across to the next town and made my turn.  These are out in the contry towns.  Well I made a wrong trun, another reason not to listen to music when riding.

No big deal it's bound to come out somewhere I know.  Well now the sun is behind the tree line, it's getting darker and the sumer has turned back to fall.  I just keep moving and sure enough I find my way out.  Wow 3 miles to go for home.  The sun is down, I have been holding my glasses in my teeth for the last 4 miles, but the last three are all back back roads.

I get to my corner and only have .3 miles to go.  I am crusing along about 15 and as I cross over the creek there she is coming at me, about 20...no 10 feet away.  A big Doe and her three fawns.

I yell and they trun and run the other way.  I skipped two heart beats on that one.  I mean how do you explain getting taken out by a doe and three fawns 200 yards from the house.

Joe

good ride though, I willl take it again

2009-09-05 8:04 PM
in reply to: #2391751

User image

New user

Subject: RE: OOps wrong turn on bike, getting dark...wait deer don't you see me
Hah way to go man, at least you didn't hit one! (or get lost even worse)
2009-09-05 9:22 PM

User image

Master
Kauai, Hawaii
So cool! Glad you didn't hit them too!
2009-09-06 1:08 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Las Vegas
Had a similar experience last weekend, but out here in the Vegas desert we have open range.  Was riding home on the local bike route and right there in the way a wild burro.  I too yelled, but he(she) just gave me a dirty look and mosied across the road. Can you imagine telling the bike club I got knocked on my A$$ by and A$$.
2009-09-06 6:28 AM

Regular
Dude you are so lucky BAMBI didn't kick your butt.)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » OOps wrong turn on bike, getting dark...wait deer don't you see me Rss Feed