General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First fall over front tire Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-06 1:02 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Las Vegas
Subject: First fall over front tire
Yep, I knew it was coming eventually.  Up and over the front tire.  You would think how stupid could I be to do the same thing that I did before, but maybe third time is the charm for me.

Riding home after a nice 30 mile pre ride for tomorrows birthday ride with our local club.  Pretty windy but only about 104 (nice weather for us).  Had a great ride out, taking a few different streets, turned around got three blocks from home and saw my grandchildren playing at the school parking lot.  Of course I rode in to say hi and throw a little sweat on them.  Circling around them I took my focus off my direction and rode straight into the curb.  Up and over I went with the bike following inspite of me trying desperately to unclip in a hurry.

Left knee, left elbow, and left rib cage bruised and a little road rash (wasn't going very fast), but ego more bruised than anything else. No damage to the bike because it was on top of me.

I did the same thing at my first Tri this year, when I came out of T1 ready to hop on the bike and changed my focus to the crowd that was cheering and taking pics.  As I hopped on, the combimation of cobble stone, focus, and sidewalk edge got me and down I went.  Blood, dirt, and chain grease is not the best way to start the bike portion of the Tri.

Guess I better focus, focus, and focus so I can keep the rubber side down.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First fall over front tire Rss Feed