General Discussion Triathlon Talk » San Gabriel River Trail Planned Improvements Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-06 1:21 AM

User image

Master
Cypress, CA
Subject: San Gabriel River Trail Planned Improvements

Was doing my usual Saturday ride to the beach this morning, and saw some signs about planned improvements to the trail, including repaving from the beach to the 405 and remodeling the (nasty-@ss) restroom facility at the beach.

Glad they're doing it, but I hope it doesn't mean closing the path for too long...

2009-09-08 12:22 AM
in reply to: #2391982

User image

Ventura, CA
Subject: RE: San Gabriel River Trail Planned Improvements
Nice, that section from after the powerplant until the freeway is pretty bad. And what about those bee hives at the bridge? Any chance of getting those removed while we're at it?
2009-09-08 10:02 AM

User image

Master
Cypress, CA

Yeah, that wouldn't be a bad idea.

Here's a news clip from the Huntington Beach News website--there's a community workshop on Thursday if anyone is interested:

SEAL BEACH...The City of Seal Beach will be holding a Community Workshop to discuss proposed improvements to the San Gabriel River Bikeway and River's End Staging Area. This project will include repaving the bike trail from the First Street parking lot to I-405, improvements to the First Street parking lot, and remodeling the existing First Street restroom. The workshop will include a presentation of the draft plan for the area followed by an opportunity to ask questions and provide your feedback.

The project is being funded through a grant from the State of California, Rivers and Mountains Conservancy. Funding restrictions through the State had caused the City to place this project on hold recently. However, with portions of funding back in place, the City is pleased to bring this project back online and would like to gather input and feedback from the community and those who utilize the San Gabriel River Bike Trail. The workshop will be held at the City of Seal Beach Council Chambers on Thursday, September 10, 2009 at 6:30 pm.

2009-09-08 5:44 PM

New user
Long Beach--So Cal!!!
Wish I could make it to the meeting. If anyone is going can you pitch chipping down the massive (and not handicapped accessible) curb that is right off the PCH exit by the bridge? I am always terrified to exit there right onto PCH as the space for bikes disappears suddenly at that point... so I sometimes use the sidewalk until I cross over the bridge in either direction.
2009-09-10 11:57 AM

User image

Expert
lake forest, California

http://discoverycenterauthority.org/board/next_meeting.html

In case anyone is interested here's a link to meeting times/ dates/ locations on issues regarding the San Gabriel River and trails-

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » San Gabriel River Trail Planned Improvements Rss Feed