General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pikes Peak - bunks avail. at Barr Camp Sat. 9/19 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-08 10:15 PM

User image

Veteran
Denver, CO
Subject: Pikes Peak - bunks avail. at Barr Camp Sat. 9/19
Hi all - if anyone is interested in hiking Pikes Peak on Sat-Sun, September 19th-20th, please email me at stacyrenee17 at hotmail.com. A friend and I organized a large group outing, including an overnight stay at Barr Camp, but didn't anticipate the large number of cancellations (broken foot, childcare issues, etc.) that resulted after we made the reservations. For anyone who hasn't hiked Pikes Peak, the length of the Barr Trail (12.6 miles each way) makes it very challenging, but staying overnight can break up the distance and can make for a fun group adventure. Barr Camp is about 6.8 miles up the Barr Trail.

I believe I have six bunks in the main cabin available (including dinner and breakfast) for the price of $33/person. More info about Barr Camp is available at www.barrcamp.com. You would be welcome to hang out with us and hike with us if you want, or to completely do your own thing.

If you are wondering who on earth I am, I was pretty active on BT last season while training for the 5430 long course, but I took this year off from racing, and sadly, most other athletic endeavors. I'm starting to get my training and adventure mojo back on and expect to be around a lot more this year, though!

Please feel free to email if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Stacy (aka velveeta)

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pikes Peak - bunks avail. at Barr Camp Sat. 9/19 Rss Feed