General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM 2010 training schedule - sharing ideas Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-09 12:05 AM

User image

Expert
Zürich, Switzerland
Subject: IM 2010 training schedule - sharing ideas
I am going to start a 37 weeks training schedule from mid November for Ironman Switzerland and the idea I had with a friend of mine was to put our plan here on the forum, sharing the ideas with everybody making something like..."the road to IM Zurich" and it can be used by everybody for his own IM.
I expect to get useful suggestion everytime I post a block of 4 weeks plan from you all, interested in it.
It will be 9x4weeks + 1 race week plan. I will post the first 4 weeks by end of october and I will use the proper IM race group forum. I will open it in a while but in the meanwhile you can simply reply to this thread and you will get a notification when I update it.
Of course, I am just a beginner on this so I don't want to teach anybody. There will be probably several mistakes on the training plan but this is why I want to share...I studied several books in the last 2 years and I feel much better in making my own plan instead of going for a coach. I am expert on running training schedule only. I did my first IM last year and a couple of Half Ironman under the belt too...

Who is interested?

2009-09-09 8:16 AM
in reply to: #2395991

User image

Master
Lexington, KY
Subject: RE: IM 2010 training schedule - sharing ideas
I'd be interested.  For me, the most interesting part would be seeing how you measure and use data you get during one training period to develop/adjust subsequent training periods.  I'm trying to figure this out myself!
2009-09-09 12:28 PM

User image

Lethbridge, Alberta
Bronze member
I'm always interested in seeing a training plan. There are some very different approaches to IM training and, whether or not I agree with your training ideas, I'd like to see how they get translated into a workout schedule. From the length of your plan, I'm guessing you have some intermediate steps along the way?
2009-09-09 1:16 PM
in reply to: #2396912

User image

Expert
Zürich, Switzerland
Micawber - 2009-09-08 7:28 PM I'm always interested in seeing a training plan. There are some very different approaches to IM training and, whether or not I agree with your training ideas, I'd like to see how they get translated into a workout schedule. From the length of your plan, I'm guessing you have some intermediate steps along the way?

Sure, as I mentioned I split into 9 micro-cycles and I have some macro-cycles in mind like Intro, Base, Build, Peak and Race.
I am going to start posting the macro cycles first and then the single micros every month.
2009-09-10 7:54 PM

User image

This would be great to share. I would like to see your thoughts on a training plan. I have my first IM in 3 days, and I worked with a coach for this one and it was great working with him. I am actually going to start helping him to coach some of his athletes. All of the training I did with him was based 100% on time and not distance. It was also based on HR zones. The HR zones we used were from Metabolic testing. I can speak to this as well, in the past 9 months I have seen myself go to being extremely efficient. Meaning I can run/bike with a really low HR at a very high rate of speed. Earlier in the season this wasn't so much the case. So the old saying of going slower to get faster really works and I would highly recommend the metabolic testing to anyone....
2009-09-10 11:13 PM
in reply to: #2399910

User image

Expert
Zürich, Switzerland
bskyllin - 2009-09-10 2:54 AM This would be great to share. I would like to see your thoughts on a training plan. I have my first IM in 3 days, and I worked with a coach for this one and it was great working with him. I am actually going to start helping him to coach some of his athletes. All of the training I did with him was based 100% on time and not distance. It was also based on HR zones. The HR zones we used were from Metabolic testing. I can speak to this as well, in the past 9 months I have seen myself go to being extremely efficient. Meaning I can run/bike with a really low HR at a very high rate of speed. Earlier in the season this wasn't so much the case. So the old saying of going slower to get faster really works and I would highly recommend the metabolic testing to anyone....

Interesting post...Actually I am going to pick up my new toy next week: it is a Mavic wheel with the power tap and my intention is to write the plan accordingly to power training zones. I think that you can convert it to HR training zones easily.
I am a fun of statistics, numbers, analysis and so on but still, during swimming, I can not collect data and this is the most boring sport among the three. I have only the watch there and HR record is difficult to collect...

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM 2010 training schedule - sharing ideas Rss Feed