General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit Recommendations - Speedtube or sleeveless? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-15 1:05 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Wetsuit Recommendations - Speedtube or sleeveless?
Hi.  I'm looking to get  a new wetsuit and after much thought, decided that I don't need a full suit with sleeves.  Most of my open water swims are in warm climates and I tend to get hot in full wetsuits.

I'm town between the Desotto Speedtube or a similarly priced sleeveless wetsuit.

Is there a significant difference in performance between these two types of suits?  Does one lose a lot of speed/performance without the suit material on the torso? 

I'm an average swimmer so I need the buoyancy.

Thanks.

Ray

2009-09-17 10:45 AM
in reply to: #2407619

User image

New user

Subject: RE: Wetsuit Recommendations - Speedtube or sleeveless?
Hello Ray,

Chuck Cates here with De Soto. Thanks for inquiring about our Speedtube, as it is such a nice piece for warm water swimming. There are so many advantages to our T1 line of wetsuits, specifically in the versatility you will enjoy by being able to combine separate tops and bottoms to achieve a custom fit, wear as individual pieces (as you've eluded to), or to wear in tandem for varying degrees of warmth.

The Speedtube in particular is 3/4 length, so it falls at about the mid shin. It has a draw cord waist, that is adjustable and can be cynched down to achieve a nice seal, where no water can enter.  It is perfect for warm water, or to even use as a training tool, much like you would use a pull buoy (at 5mm thick throughout, it is plenty buoyant).  When the water begins to cool, you can pair the Speedtube with any of our tops, including the Speed Vest (sleeveless), First Wave Pullover, Black Pearl Pullover or Smart1 Pullover (full sleeve), all of which are 2mm thick throughout.

It is a proven fact that the more surface area that is covered in neoprene, the more buoyant you will be, thus more efficient in the water. The Speedtube is a great weapon for the purpose it serves, but you will be faster if you combine it with one of our tops.

I hope this is helpful, but please feel free to email me or call me at your convenience if you have more questions.

Kind regards,

Chuck Cates
Director of Marketing and Advertising - De Soto Triathlon Company
858-578-6672  phone
[email protected]  email
www.desotosport.com  web
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit Recommendations - Speedtube or sleeveless? Rss Feed