General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Newbie: What to do Sprint/ Mini Sprint/ NONE Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-20 6:48 AM

User image

Regular
Melbourne
Subject: Newbie: What to do Sprint/ Mini Sprint/ NONE
Hello,

I have been perusing BT for a few months now, amazed at the wealth of knowladge that is out there and how nice everyone is...well anyway here is my question.

This is my first real foray into triathlons as summer season is usually cricket season (gave up, played at high levels as junior and succesive injuries, form drop and the emergence of me as a national top 20 skier just meant lost the hunger) so I havent really done triathlons in years, I did a few when I was 11 or so, still havent gotten over the marshall saying I needed to to do one more lap of the 6 lap course when I was winning!! and had done all the laps, I think I remember shouting at my parents "look I am winning" on my 5th lap

Sorry here is my question: I am training towards the Gatorade Tri Series in Melbourne, the first race is on the 22/11 I want to do the whole series and do well (i.e. do the best I am capable of), there is this other series (Xosize Tri Series) which has its first race two weeks prior, as I have never done a meaningful triathlon before I thought it would be a good idea to enter either the Sprint or the Mini (half sprint distance)....Is that a good idea, if so which one, will I have ample time to recover?? 

2009-09-20 7:38 AM
in reply to: #2415893

User image

Champion
Fairport, NY
Subject: RE: Newbie: What to do Sprint/ Mini Sprint/ NONE
It sounds like you have some base fitness and swimming ability so two months is plenty of time to train for a Sprint. Is the mini prior to the Sprint? If so, you could use that as a training/practice race for the Sprint.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Newbie: What to do Sprint/ Mini Sprint/ NONE Rss Feed