General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Having Fun - One day Ironman! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-23 3:41 PM

Subject: Having Fun - One day Ironman!
I completed my first tri's this year, 2 sprints, 2 olympics and a 1/2 this Sunday at Deer Creek.  Despite freaking out during each smiw, I love this sport.  I never intended to do an olympic or half not to mention an ironman.  I am now completely psyched about the possibility of completing the most respected physical event in the world!

I am married (16 years) with two kids (girls 10 yrs and 6 yrs) and have found out that keeping a marriage and family responsibilities has been harder than any training so far.  I definitely need to sell the ironman dream to my entire family!

After participating in marathons and now tri's I have come to the belief that true sport can be seen at all of these events through normal people.  From the fastest to the slowest participating. I believe we put professional football players, basketball, baseball etc... to shame in regard to work ethic, kindness and especially attitude.

Sorry for the soap box, I am glad I found this site and the sport!

Thanks 

2009-09-23 3:44 PM
in reply to: #2422749

User image

Expert
Bucks County
Subject: welcome to the juggling act
what ironman are you training for?
2009-09-23 3:52 PM

Subject: RE: Having Fun - One day Ironman!
I don't yet know, probably over a year away.  I want to get my wife through grad school.  I echo "if momma ain't happy...."  If I had to plan one now, I would lean toward Lake Placid because it's not a plane ride away.
2009-09-24 11:57 AM

User image

Expert
St. Paul, MN
Subject: RE: Having Fun - One day Ironman!
I enjoy your "soap box!"

Good luck with IM some day! It's addictive!....
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Having Fun - One day Ironman! Rss Feed