General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Kurt Kinetic Power Computer Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-28 8:38 AM

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX
Subject: Kurt Kinetic Power Computer
I bought a used Kurt Kinetic Road trainer this past weekend.  I've been reading about the KK Power computer.  I like the idea of a low cost power computer to use during the winter months.

Anyone use one?  Any opinions?  Pros/cons?

2009-09-28 9:06 AM
in reply to: #2429323

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Kurt Kinetic Power Computer
The KK power meter works fine. I got it after a clinic where I learned the "importance of training with watts" The meter is really just a speedometer with a long enough cable to reach the rear wheel and instead of displaying mph it shows watts. You could get the same info with a speedometer and run it through a formula. The only advantage to knowing the watts is being able to converse with my cycling friends who have powertaps. I really think the most important numbers for training are cadence, heart rate and speed/watts.  I have been using a Garmin Edge 305 which gives me all these values and I can upload them to my log.. I still have the watt meter on the bike/trainer and look at it occasionally but I don't really track the value.  The biggest positive to the KK power meter is price. I paid about $50. I have spent a lot more on other training devices that have made no improvement in my overall training
2009-09-28 10:50 AM
in reply to: #2429323

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Kurt Kinetic Power Computer

Looks like there are two models of the T-725, wired and wireless. Appears the wireless has a heartrate monitor and is twice the cost. I have a Garmin 305, so looks like if I want to measure heartrate to watts I need the T-725WL.....any other alternative?

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Kurt Kinetic Power Computer Rss Feed