General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Toyota U.S. Open Triathlon Olympic : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2009-10-17 10:02 PM
in reply to: #2430700

Subject: RE: Toyota U.S. Open Triathlon Olympic : Official Thread

This was my first race and although i did not finish in spectacular fashion i am truly addicted and will be doing more of these type of events in the future. See you guys out on the road.

2009-10-19 4:01 PM
in reply to: #2457175

User image

Veteran
Denver
breckview - 2009-10-13 11:16 AM I really loved the race, especially the bike course. I have a feeling that the pros hated the conditions far more than the bumps. It certainly wasn't as smooth as the perfect asphalt I ride back home but I've ridden a lot of urban bike courses and it's hard to put together a bike course in the city that's smooth and closed, especially in Texas where they build roads out of concrete for some reason. It appeared to me that they did a lot of good repairs on the asphalts parts of the road for the race. I thought that the remaining obstacles were clearly marked although with the rain I can see where they'd be hard to see. To me, I'd much rather ride a closed urban course even if it's a bit bumpy compared to an open country course like Longhorn 70.3 . I thought it was a miracle they were able to close two lanes over 25 miles of busy Dallas area roads and control so many intersections and curb cuts. I loved the run course too and I thought the swim water was fine if they'd get the motor boats out of the way. Overall, I loved the course so much that I plan on making this race my regular October OLY benchmark race. And I live 800 miles away.

Hey Breck,

I'll be making that 800 mile trip too.  It will be my first Oly.

2009-10-23 7:55 PM
in reply to: #2430700

New user
McKinney,TX
Just wanted to see if anybody else is having trouble getting there pics? I ordered my down loadable race shots 2 weeks ago & never received them,so I called,emailed & nothing Frown
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Toyota U.S. Open Triathlon Olympic : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 3