Canadian Triathlon Forum Saskatchewan » spring 09 Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2009-10-01 11:43 AM

Subject: spring 09
I have recently started some beginner training for a couple of sprint events I would like to do in  the spring in Saskatoon.  I live in Meadow Lake, SK so all of my swim training is done in a 25m pool and most of my cycling is done on gravel roads.  What are the courses like in Saskatoon for the Bike doctor Moe's  and Merlin Ford sprints?  Are they all pavement for the biking and running portions, are there a lot of hills?  Are the swims done in pools or open water?  I would just like to know what I am in for,  thanks.

2009-10-02 8:20 PM
in reply to: #2436751

User image

Subject: RE: spring 09
Moe's is usually held at the Lakewood Civic Centre. Pool swim (25m and warm). Bike is mostly on paths, I think gravel and paved. Run is mostly paved road with some concrete sidewalk and asphalt path.

Spin is held at Pike Lake. Lake swim, usually cool, so you will appreciate a wetsuit. Bike is all paved - out of paved parking lot, along paved shoulder of highway 60 and back. Run is across a short grassy section to paved road by cabins. Bike and run are mostly flat. Bike has some undulation, but not to significant. Run does have one short incline just after grassy part. I'll see if I have a course profile from this year.

Hope that helps.
2009-10-02 11:37 PM

User image

Subject: RE: spring 09
2009-10-03 12:48 AM

Subject: 2010
Thanks that does help.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Saskatchewan » spring 09 Rss Feed