Total Time = 1h 11m 39s
Overall Rank = 205/531
Age Group = Female 45-49
Age Group Rank = 2/10
Pre-race routine:

Photobucket BONUS RACE

This Race is other great Event organized for the well known people of

Photobucket

This Race was the last one of the famous Mack Cycle Triathlon Trilogy Series...the most tough, fast and competitive Sprints in South Florida and took place in Key Biscayne, Florida...Also It helped some people to qualify for the Series Awards (require to race 3 of 4 to qualify) and for many of us to drop our worse Race....

After almost 1 month of an emergency repair of the Bear Cut Bridge...the works were done...and...the Race took place in its usual/original location...."Crandon Park" and the Bike Course no shortened...full 10 miles....

The Event hold a Triathlon with 531 participants and a Duathlon with 106 participants...

Friday Sept.18th:
We went to pick-up our Race Packages at Mack Cycles in the afternoon...
My Buddy got the Bid# 224 / Orange Goofy Nemo Swim Cap...and...me the Bid# 225 / Smiley and intimadator red fish with suglasses Swim Cap

Trilogy Bonus Race

After that...We went for full Carbo lunch/dinner and celebrate my Birthday (Sept. 17th) to our favorite Italian Restaurant...My Buddy ordered his usual Seafoos Pasta and for me Portabella Mushrooms Raviolis...garden salads and unsweet ice tea for both...Yummmmmmmmy...!!! Also...We ordered a big Pizza to take with us for next day...

Saturday Sept.19th:
Mandatory Day Off for us....Woke-up late...and...It was really nice to sleep till late...

Took a full breakfast: OJ, eggs, bacon, toasted bagels with cream cheese, slices of turkey/salame and brie on top...waffles with PB & Jelly and coffee w/milk....

Wiped/lubed/tuned Bikes...changed wheels for Race Wheels...Prepare/packed Race Stuff...and...prepared beverages for Race...

Took lunch at noon time...Pizza...!!! and...Took an hour nap...

Took an early dinner: grilled salmon, yellow rice and asparragus.

Loaded bikes and Bags into the car and went to bed early (8:00 pm) to watch some TV...till 9:00 pm when Buddy joined me to sleep...ZZZzzz

Sunday Sept.20th:

Woke-up at 4:15 am...Got dressed...Took our usual Pre-Race Beakfast: OJ and my Super Soy Protein Shake (chocolate) and for my Buddy...waffle with PB and his coffee...and our usual packages of multi-vitamins and minerals, Amino 1500, Glucosamine, and CO-Q 10...

Did our own body-marked...to save time...

Took our coolers with beverages and left from home around 5:00 am...In our way to Key Biscayne...We noticed that was cloudy...overcasted and saw some lightnings...It took us 45 minutes to get at Crandon PArk, Key Biscayne...parked the car...took our bikes, bags and coolers and headed to pick-up our timming chips (2)...and..went to Transition Area...

Placed my bike in my rack area and set-up my Race stuff like usual:
Helmet over seat, sunglasess over handlebar and Speedfil Hydration System with a mix of water/Aminovital in its cage...

Put a green towel in front of the bike...my bike was the last one in the rack...biking/running shoes over the green towel, my belt with Bid# and a small ziploc with 2 Endurolytes inside my hat all wrapped next to the running shoes and a bottle with frozen water...

Checked exit/enter and what exactly was my rack area...and...there was a long green flag next to my site and was the second one from the Swim Entrance...perfect reference to see...

Photobucket

Did sit over my cooler...put my 2 timing chips straps...one in each ankle...Relaxed a little bit...closed eyes...and did a visualization of the Race....

Took one Accel Gel and 2 Endurolytes with water and some Aminovital...

Took my googles, wax ear-plugs and swim cap and headed to the beach to the Swim Start...a long walk to that area...and...made me remember...that...we would have a long run over white soft sand till Trasition...about 300 mts...Yikes...!!!

When We got at the Swim Area...We noticed that the Swim Start Arch was not in its usual place...more farder than usual...about 100 mts farder...

Event warmup:

Put wax ear-plugs, swim cap and googles and jumped into the water to warm-up a little...the ocean was a little choppy and some currents and waves...swam maybe 150 mts. and came back to shore to meet with Buddy and our friend Angelo, Julie and Marylou...

The Event started like usual in time at 6:58 am with the 1st Wave: Male & Female Pro/Elites and Physical Challegers...and...7:00 am the Duathlon in mass and after 5 minutes the rest of the Waves...there were in total 9 Waves...and...my Buddy was in the Wave#4 (Males 40-44 and Male 55+) at 7:10 am and my Wave#7 (Female 35+) at 7:25 am...

Here You can see the Swim/ Bike/ Run Course together:

Trilogy Courses
Swim
  • 00m
  • 500 meters
  • / 100 meters
Comments:

My start was fantastic...any problem...keeping in front with the fastest swimmers till the 1st bouy...from this point...this fasteest women took off...and...I started to swim with my usual constante stroke...but...in between the 1st and 2nd bouy...I notice that many women started to slap/grab my legs...and...I started to kick a little more harder to get rid from them...and...just approching to the Swim Exit...I noticed that I was losing my timming chip strap from my right ankle...and...just when my fingers touch sound...I took it from my ankle just in time...got up and ran fast till the mats at the Swim Exit...at the same time...removing googles, swim cap and wax ear-plugs and put them inside inside the cap with my timming chip statp too...and...picking-up my speed to reach/pass my good friend Julie that got out of the water before me for only maybe 10 or 15 seconds...started to pass more and more women that were having difficual to run over the white soft sand...LOL

At this point I'm believing that I had the back-up timming chip strap in my left ankle,,,but...wrong...I lost it too in the Swim Leg..I'm assuming that was when these women were slaping/grabbing my legs...Yikes...!!!

The problem is that I never noticed...LOL...I was too focused in my Race that I contined without them...

I don't have Swimming Time...cuz...I will explain more late...
What would you do differently?:

train and train....
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

I'm assumiong that was a very fast Velo transition cuz passed tons and tons of women and got to my bike with the leaders at the same time...
Put helmet, sunglasses and biking shoes and took my bike out of Transition leaving in my spot my timming chip strap with my Swimming Stuff cuz I said to me "Better leave it and don't lose it during the bike...and...You have the back-up"....Yikes...!!!

I was worng I didn't have any back-up timming chip strap...LOL

practice and practice...
Bike
  • 00m
  • 10 miles
  • 0.00 mile/hr
Comments:

It was a fast bike ride even windy conditions...I passed tons and tons of people...I was cranking like crazy...I new that my friends Marylou and Amy were leading...followed for my friend Julie...and...I don't know who else...but...I was behind them....great 1st climb at the famous "Rickenbacker Bridge"...high speeds down brige....Yahoooooooooo...!!!...then...after maybe 500 mts...the U-turn...and...to climb again the beast "Rickenbacker Bridge"....Ufffff...!!!
Other great climb and super fast down bridge...and...headwinds/crosswinds in our way back to Transition...Uffffff!!! again...LOL
Got to the desmount area before Transition and doing my flying desmounts like usual like the Pro-Elites but...keeping shoes on...jumped off the bike and ran super fast to Transition passing some racers...

Not time avaible cuz at this point I don't have any timming chip strap in my ankles...Yikes...!!!

train and train...
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

I'm assuming that was other usual fast Velo transition...

Changed shoes..took off helmet...took hat and bottle of water and ran very fast out of Transition...

practice and practice...
Run
  • 00m
  • 3.1 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

Just when I got out of Transition Area...running not too fast and too slow...put hat, belt with Bid# and took 2 Endurolytes with water...tossed some over my head...and...just in that moment started a heavy rain...LOL...It was really nice...refreshed a lot...saw Marylou coming...behind her...Amy...
and...increased my speed...targeting people...one by one...reacing/passing tons of people...then...saw Julie just when I was aproching to the U-turn in the mile 0.5...and...I say to me..."Julie is your next target"...and...push more and more...and...off course...when she saw me...she pushed more...and...it was not till the mile 2 in the water aid station...when...I reached and passed her...and...I knew that I was in 3rd or 2nd...cuz...I didn't know at this point if Marylou would place in the top 3 Female Master Overall...and...I started to sprint very hard till the Finish Line...

train and train...
Post race
Warm down:

Just when I passed the Finish Line...a volunteer gave to me a bottle of water and it was here that I found out that I lost my back-up timing chps strap from my left ankle too...I assumed that was during the run...and...when directly to report what happened to me...gave my time according with my watch...plus...there were a women that was taking note manualy and with a transmiter of the people that passed the Finish Line...and...they knew who passed the Finis Line before and after me....Thanks Goodness...!!!

Note: It was not till I checked the pics of the Event that I really lost my back-up timming chip during the Swim Leg...Yikes...!!!

Lesson learned about this incident..."Always take the timing chip strap with you even you have it on your hand...You never know when You will lose the back-up timing chip strap too during a Race"

Meet my Buddy in the food area...and...went to Transition to collect/pack all our Race Stuff...and took the bikes and bags to the car...

Went to the showers area...washed/rinsed our bodies...and...went to check Results...Off Course...my name was not in the first Results...cuz...they were fixing that...but...fianlly When they posted the Official Results...my name came in 2nd place after Amy and my fiend Julie in 3rd...my friend Marylou place 2nd Female Master Overall...WoooooHooooo!!!

My Buddy got 4th place in his AG....Congrats Babu...!!!

Female AG 45-49: 2 / 10 Women

Female Overall: 31 / 145 Women

Overall: 205 / 531 participants

Total Time: 1h 11m 39s

Here in the Award Ceremony:

Trilogy Bonus Race Trilogy Bonus Race

And here the Awards:

Trilogy Bonus Race Awards

And here you can see Pics in action...and...check the pics when I'm gettion out of the water...I don't have any timming chip straps in my ankles and I have one in my right hnad...LOL

http://eventpictures.com/app/event/searchPicture?eventInstanceId=16...

Oppssss...Forgot to mention...after racing all the Trilogy Series...and...dropping my worse Race the Trilogy #1...I got in 1st in my AG 45-49 in the Series Points....Double Award...!!!

The Award Ceremony for the Mack Cycle Triathlon Trilogy Series will be on Oct.18th in "Race for the Troops" Triathlon...

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Maybe a little the windy conditions in the bike...

Event comments:

Other Excellent and very well organized Event...Good Job MutiRace.com

Last updated: 2009-09-01 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:00:00 | 500 meters | / 100meters
Age Group: 0/10
Overall: 0/531
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 82F / 28C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 00:00
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:00:00 | 10 miles | 0.00 mile/hr
Wind: Some
Course:
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:00:00 | 03.1 miles |  min/mile
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2009-10-01 1:34 PM

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL
Subject: Triathlon Trilogy Bonus Race

2009-10-05 1:08 PM
in reply to: #2437100

User image

Master
Goodyear, AZ
Subject: RE: Triathlon Trilogy Bonus Race

How did I miss this? I had some catching up to do!

Great job! Youare having an amazing season!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Triathlon Trilogy Bonus Race Rss Feed