Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2009-10-05 6:10 PM
in reply to: #2441520

User image

Extreme Veteran
Denver, CO
Subject: RE: minimalist running
Steve inIL: Thanks for all your input and earlier post! I totally agree with you about the treadmill, or the dreadmill as it's sometimes referred to..ha ha. But, with winter coming here soon I know I'll be using the treadmill quite a bit and was just wondering what barefoot/minimalist runners do when they have to use it.

2009-10-05 9:11 PM
in reply to: #2444088

User image

Pro
Irvine, California
What is a good "tweener" shoe between stability shoes and a minimalist running shoe?  I use ASICS Kayano's right now, but am eager to work my way to something lighter and more minimalist.

2009-10-05 9:28 PM

User image

Pro
Wallingford, PA
I just picked up a pair of Saucony Fast Twitch shoes that I think will be pretty good in-between shoes. They still have a bit of a raised heel, and a small amount of arch support, but very flexible sole - and super light. The Tangent 3 looks like it might be a good choice too, maybe a little more shoe than the Fast Twitch.

Haven't actually run in the new Saucony's yet, though, so I'll have to let you know how they work out!

Hopefully others can recommend other shoes that might work as well.
2009-10-06 1:35 PM

Subject: Barefoot - minimalist running
I just ran the Fantastic Nantasket Tri (sprint), it was my first race.  The run was on the beach so I ran it barefoot.  My time was slightly faster than training (prob due to race nerves) but better still I had no shin splint pain which I usually always get. 

I found that I ran more contained, had no heal strike but landed mid-foot.  It felt great and I will look into running barefoot at any race that it is practical.  Luckily I have a long beach nearby for training. 

I also saved huge time on the transition; I had my bike shoes undone before dismount (no socks) so I jumped off, unbuckled the hemet on the way to my parking spot and only stopped to rack the bike.

Speaking of hard-core minimalist there was another barefoot guy that did the whole race in only a tiny Speedo, I'm pretty sure everyone was as horrified as I was.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » minimalist running Rss Feed  

of 2