United States
Running Fit
47F / 8C
Total Time = 45m 21s
Overall Rank = 130/1336
Age Group = 15-19
Age Group Rank = 7/26
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 6:30 and ate a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and an apple sauce cup. I went outside to test the air temp and decided to wear light spandex shirt and spandex tights. I grabbed my water bottle and my race belt and headed off.
Event warmup:

Since my dorm is about 1.5 miles away from the Big House, I had a nice jog/walk there to try to stay warm. I couldn't wear warm clothes to the stadium because I was alone with no place to store them. I tied my room key lanyard around my race belt and tucked the rest into my tights. I stretched when I got there and waited for the race to start.
Run
  • 45m 21s
  • 10 kms
  • 04m 32s  min/km
Comments:

I tried to constantly pick up the pace. I would try to stay with people around me and I eventually passed every person I tried to keep up with. I sprinted through the tunnel but started gagging right as I hit the field. I'm not sure why this happens when I run.
Post race
Warm down:

I was trying not to puke my guts out on the 50 yard line. I sat down and sipped some water and spit a while. My head was pounding but I walked around and got some water and snack and sat down again. I waited a while and eventually choked down a tiny bit of food. I stood and watched some more people finish and then watched people still running as I walked back to my dorm.

Last updated: 2009-09-02 12:00 AM
Running
00:45:21 | 10 kms | 04m 32s  min/km
Age Group: 7/26
Overall: 26/1336
Performance: Good
Course: Course was two loops through campus. I liked the fact that I knew where I was at all times so I knew how much I had left.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes