General Discussion Race Reports! » Briggs & Al's Run & Walk for Children's Hospital Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Briggs & Al's Run & Walk for Children's Hospital - Run8k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
United States
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
45F / 7C
Sunny
Total Time = 31m 56s
Overall Rank = 94/3185
Age Group = Male 19-24
Age Group Rank = 20/246
Pre-race routine:

Woke up around 9:20, now I realize it was wayy too late. Made a bowl of oatmeal, finished eating by around 9:50.
Event warmup:

Got my warm-up clothes on and headed out to run around campus. Met up with a family friend, returned to dorm, stretched, took off warm-up clothes, ran to get into position, got a decent position
Run
  • 31m 56s
  • 4.97 miles
  • 06m 26s  min/mile
Comments:

At beginning seeded myself a little slowly. After race started, went to the right side. AWESOME CHOICE! High-fived the members of the Marquette men's basketball team, AND BUZZ WILLIAMS. Continued to run, kept going around 6:00MM pace, felt good, waiting to kick it up a little faster. But a 1/4 of a mile down lincoln memorial, I started feeling nauseous. Pace slowed to 6:30-ish MM pace. Regretted waking up late and having late breakfast. Pace continued about the same, really had to force myself to keep pace up. Sprinted (ish) at end.
What would you do differently?:

Wake up earlier, not get flu and have lingering asthmatic symptoms
Post race
Warm down:

I was really surprised how hard it was to catch my breath; my breathing was very shallow and fast. Got water, stretched out, walked/ran 1.5 miles back to campus.

I saw some donkey's there, was going to introduce myself, but found friends that raced, tried to find them later, no luck.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Waking up late, having asthmaic symptoms, being out of running for a couple of weeks

Event comments:

Never done a running race before, didn't stick around for festivities. Decent race, I liked the distance

Last updated: 2009-09-25 12:00 AM
Running
00:31:56 | 04.97 miles | 06m 26s  min/mile
Age Group: 20/246
Overall: 94/3185
Performance: Below average
Course: Wisconsin - prospect - lafayette - lincoln memorial - clybourn - van buren - jefferson - chicago
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2009-10-10 4:10 PM

Veteran
Subject: Briggs & Al's Run & Walk for Children's Hospital
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Briggs & Al's Run & Walk for Children's Hospital Rss Feed