General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Selling my bike - I'm sad Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-05-27 4:22 AM

User image

Mount Airy, maryland
Subject: Selling my bike - I'm sad
No, not the bicycle, the motorcycle. I love it though. It's a 2001 BMW R1200CM cruiser. That motorcycle has given me so much joy over the last four years. But that joy comes with riding it. My life is changing with this triathlon stuff. I spend my extra hoursat the gym, running, or riding the orange Serotta on the roads. Idon't take the motorcyle out anymore. I can't justify keeping the motorcycle around. Too many toys. The money to upkeep/insure is needed for tri stuff (races, future gear when I get better, coaching, etc...).

I justified it's original purpose by saying I would us it a lot. It was my commuter bike, fun bike, touring bike. Now, it's so convenient to take the car, an 1989 BMW sedan given to me by my Uncle. It seems to me that it's not impossible to do all with a motorcycle but just not as convenient. Going from gym to work to pool with saddle bags and motorcycle gear (boots, jacket, gloves) don't work as well. No longer do I ride the motorcycle to work or just take him out on the back roads. Time is just not there as I prefer now to get the (swim, bike, run) workout in for the day.

But I am sad.  This is the right thing to do for someone without a trustfund but I will miss something really cool.   Maybe some tough workouts will get my mind off of it.

Liz

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Selling my bike - I'm sad Rss Feed