General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » FS For Sale Spinergy FCC FUll Carbon Clinchers Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2009-10-18 1:09 AM

User image

Subject: FS For Sale Spinergy FCC FUll Carbon Clinchers
I purchased these wheels about 9 months ago but haven't had the time to really ride them...they have about 300 miles on them and are dead true and look brand new. Shimano 9, 10 speed or Campy (Campagnolo) 9, 10, and 11 speed Freehub. The rear wheel is currently set up for Campy - if you want Shimano, I have to order the freehub body from Spinergy and can have it delivered to me and I can install it, or to you and you can install it. For the Shimano part, I will split the $80 cost you, so please add $40 to paypal payment.

Comes with white spokes and 3K weave carbon finish (no cassette included)

Claimed weight 1500gm. Retail price is $1999 on Spinergy's site.

These also include a pair of Michelin Pro3 Race tires - these are the top of the line Michelin Tires that many pros use. Retail value is $120. They weigh in at 202gm each. They have a BLACK SIDEWALL- the tires are ALL BLACK. They retail for $120.

So, to be clear, you'd be getting $1999 wheels and $120 tires - that's $2120 worth of stuff. Asking $1000 or best offer. Others are selling these on ebay for $1269 WITHOUT $120 worth of the best tires on the market at the moment!  Email me for pics!

16 spokes in front - 20 in rear

From Spinergy's website: "Full carbon wheels with a style all their own. Lightweight and fast, these wheels will get the job done. Ideal for stage races, criteriums, triathlons and climbing. The spokes are PBO Fiber Spoke Technology - Available only from Spinergy. Spinergy engineers have invented a revolutionary technology for stronger, lighter and faster wheels. Every PBO spoke contains over 30,000 strands of polyphenylene bensobisoxazole fiber, delivering 3-times the strength of stainless steel at just half the weight. Giving you the ultimate edge, the PBO fiber strands are encased in a chemical resistant, water / UV proof composite offered in a variety of colors. The outcome is a flexible spoke with incredible strength that will absorb impact more efficiently while staying in true. Our patented PBO spokes are lighter than traditional steel spokes which results in less rotational weight and a faster responding wheel ’ giving you the ultimate edge. All this delivers a wheel that is lighter, stronger, faster and superior in every way."

The claims about the spokes giving a more comfortable ride really are true. I have a set of Zipp 404, and while I like them a lot, they give a noticeably harsher ride than the Spinergy. My set has white spokes and they look really flashy. Wheelset Includes tires, QR Skewers, Rim Tape, Truing Tools.

2009-10-19 10:07 AM
in reply to: #2465216

Subject: RE: FS For Sale Spinergy FCC FUll Carbon Clinchers
Any pics? If you do, shoot them over to [email protected]. Did you race on the wheels?

Thanks
Sell Gear
CLOSED
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » FS For Sale Spinergy FCC FUll Carbon Clinchers Rss Feed