General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Melbourne Beach area looking for a training partner? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-10-28 12:00 PM

New York, New York
Subject: Melbourne Beach area looking for a training partner?
Maybe  a coupe time a week training with someone else would be pretty cool! Umm I can keep a fairly solid pace on the bike..21mph + is pretty average..and Run between an 8-8:30 min mile for longer runs....As far as swimming I prefer to train on my own....

2009-11-02 7:24 PM
in reply to: #2484114

New user

Subject: RE: Melbourne Beach area looking for a training partner?
My girl friend and I live in West Melbourne and you are welcome to join us during training.  We are getting ready to do our second HIM for the year.  Were new to sport specifically biking.  We both averaged just under 21 mph at the Healthfirst Olympic (compared to last years 18 were progressing).  My runs are typically in then 8 minute mile range for long runs.

Our long bikes are normally Saturday or Sunday and leave from the house and head out to Dear Park or down A1A for a 60 mile loop.  Our favorite training ground is going to go to http://www.luckyslakeswim.com/ on Saturday morning then go for a 60 mile ride riding part of the FL 70.3 course then a short run.

Let me know if you are interested in joining us.  We are doing a HIM next weekend then will turn our focus to running for the Disney Marathon in January.  After that we will be back to training for the 3 events.
2009-11-03 9:44 AM
in reply to: #2484114

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
swoleman - 2009-10-28 1:00 PM Maybe  a coupe time a week training with someone else would be pretty cool! Umm I can keep a fairly solid pace on the bike..21mph + is pretty average..and Run between an 8-8:30 min mile for longer runs....As far as swimming I prefer to train on my own....

swoleman, is that 21mph average in racing or training?

I'm just focusing on running for the next 14 weeks leading up to the Melbo 1/2M in Feb which I prefer to do on my own.  After that I'll be back into the tri training mode hopefully to do the new surf coast Trifecta series.  For biking I've ridden with a small group of local triathletes on weekends which we'll naturally separate into our sub pairings then meet up again.  We'll go up past Cocoa village from Suntree/North Melbourne for a nice light traffic 40 miler. 

Also see you're doing the SCC 15k this Sat, maybe we can "run" into each other there!
2009-11-03 4:57 PM
in reply to: #2495105

New York, New York
21mph..training haha depending on the headwind...but overall pretty close :D Yea man..I'd love to have someone to train with locally every now and then..funny thing is I prefer to train alone as well..always enjoy switching it up though! Stop by in to the nutrition store in indialantic across from wendys sometime..I'm ordering everything endurance products relating to nutrition hahaha the full lineup of EVERYTHING in each line Im actually think I should be doing the full Melb marathon in feb..so maybe we could do some training runs hahaha

Edited by swoleman 2009-11-03 5:00 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Melbourne Beach area looking for a training partner? Rss Feed