General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Military Care Packages Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-10-30 9:37 AM

User image

Expert
Madison
Subject: Military Care Packages

Thought I would put this out there again - I help organize a care package mailing over to Iraq and Afghanistan through my church.  We send packages out about four times a year and are planning to do so again in a few weeks.  If any of you know anyone overseas, I would be more than happy to add them to our mailing list.  Just shoot me a PM with their name and address and I will do the rest. 

We usually send each recipient about 3 boxes of snacks, socks, batteries, etc.   They are very well received and we love doing it.  It's been a tough month for our military, anything we can do to show our support really helps.

Tracy

2009-10-30 10:25 AM
in reply to: #2488939

User image

Champion
Racine, WI
Subject: RE: Military Care Packages

Tracy,
I just have to thank you and your church for your continual support with this. My friend Paul GREATLY appreciated it!! He is now home but heard he may go on his third trip over seas next Feb.
So none needed but I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!

2009-10-30 10:27 AM

User image

Expert
Oak Creek, WI
gofishtlp - 2009-10-30 9:37 AM

Thought I would put this out there again - I help organize a care package mailing over to Iraq and Afghanistan through my church.  We send packages out about four times a year and are planning to do so again in a few weeks.  If any of you know anyone overseas, I would be more than happy to add them to our mailing list.  Just shoot me a PM with their name and address and I will do the rest. 

We usually send each recipient about 3 boxes of snacks, socks, batteries, etc.   They are very well received and we love doing it.  It's been a tough month for our military, anything we can do to show our support really helps.

Tracy

Tracy - i think that this is a GREAT thing that you are doing...  for most of us a bad day is when we just don't have it on any particular swim, bike or run...  these guys and girls have a bit more to be concerned about... 

can these be done even if you are not sending to anyone in particular...?!?  my former marine unit has been over a couple times...  and unfortunately some of my buddies in there did not make it back...  however, i dont believe that they are currently overseas...   would still love to help out if possible...
2009-10-30 4:30 PM

User image

Expert
Madison

Aidana - You and Paul are very welcome!  SO happy to hear he is home but not happy to hear that he may be going back.  If he does, don't hesitate to let me know, we'll put him right back on the mailing list.

Ben - We do need a specific name in order to send the boxes.  We have had a couple sent back and since it is all donations, we can't afford to have that happen.  It seems like without a specific recipient, they are not guaranteed to forward it to someone in need.  Its a bummer, but at $12 per box just to mail them, we want to make sure it reaches someone.

We would take any extra Halloween candy your kids might not want though!  I'll be at Tyranena next weekend if anyone wants to donate any to the troops!!!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Military Care Packages Rss Feed