General Discussion Race Reports! » Lakeland College 5K Competitive Race Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Lakeland College 5K Competitive Race - Run5k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Mattoon, Illinois
United States
45F / 7C
Sunny
Total Time = 9h 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 2/
Run
  • 26m 3s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 23s  min/mile
Comments:

I started out too fast, I think. I was at at a 6 minute pace for awhile. I finshed mile 1 in 7:32 - and then we had an overpass to do - twice. The turnaround was almost literally at the bottom of the pass. It hurt me, but that is a poor excuse for my performance. My overall pace is apparently 830.
What would you do differently?:

I should not have walked like I did. I think my running has fallen off because I've started doing more distance training which is slower, and I tend to walk some of it. I have lost my 5K all out blast and I need to get it back or switch to 10 Ks
Post race
Warm down:

Just hung out in the gym watching the little kids do basketball drills.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My lower leg muscles got tight early. I don't know why. Probably inadequate training.

Event comments:

Not many folks participated. I was not a fan of the overpass being right in front of the turn. I think they can move the start line to either make it so the turn is at the top of the pass, or that there is some flat before you have to turn around. I would run this race again though, with the same format.

Last updated: 2009-10-31 12:00 AM
Running
00:26:03 | 03.11 miles | 08m 23s  min/mile
Age Group: 2/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
7:32 8:50 8:55 That overpass just slowed me down something fierce. Hr was a 177 avg with a 185 max.
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2009-10-31 12:02 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Not Quite DFL
Subject: Lakeland College 5K Competitive Race
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Lakeland College 5K Competitive Race Rss Feed