General Discussion Race Reports! » 2009 Monster Mash 5k/10k - Sam Houston Race Park Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

2009 Monster Mash 5k/10k - Sam Houston Race Park - Run10 Mile

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Houston, Texas
United States
ONURMARK Race Productions
50F / 10C
Sunny
Total Time = 46m 20s
Overall Rank = 37/320
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 9/31
Pre-race routine:

Had my normal whole wheat bagel with peanut butter and a smoothie for breakfast. It was about a 1/2 hour drive so I took some green tea with me on the drive.
Event warmup:

Light jog around parking lot. Mostly to keep warm because it was cold -burrr!
Run
  • 46m 20s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 07m 28s  min/mile
Comments:

I tried to keep about a 730/mi pace and did. I started towards the middle of the pack and it took a little pit of time to get to the timing chip once the race started. I probably should have started towards the front. I enjoyed the course and the volunteers were enthusiastic and helpful. A lot of people wore their halloween costumes and that made for a lot of laughs.
What would you do differently?:

Start towards the front.
Post race
Warm down:

A few stretches, some gatorade and an apple!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

nothing

Event comments:

Very well organized and fun race. It was easy to get to, parking was close, indoor clean restrooms, and extremely easy to get out to go home. Will do again next year.

Last updated: 2009-09-16 12:00 AM
Running
00:46:20 | 06.21 miles | 07m 28s  min/mile
Age Group: 9/31
Overall: 37/320
Performance: Good
My HR was higher then normal to start probably because of the cooler temps. According to my Garmin my Avg HR was 179.
Course: Started in the parking lot of Sam Houston Race Park and did a loop around and back to the start line. From there we headed south and then turned east and went through and underground tunnel. Then up a small hill and onto a dirt path around a small lake. This was cool to run on the trail surface. We did this twice and then finished up in front of the park.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %0
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2009-11-01 11:11 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Kingwood, TX
Subject: 2009 Monster Mash 5k/10k - Sam Houston Race Park
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » 2009 Monster Mash 5k/10k - Sam Houston Race Park Rss Feed