Dallas Running Club
58F / 14C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 45m 17s
Overall Rank = 398/3138
Age Group = M35-39
Age Group Rank = 55/283
Pre-race routine:

Got pissed off because my wife didn't want to be dropped off at the race site, we looked for parking and it took abot 30 minutes. When we finally did, we walked about a mile to the packet pickup tent and I made it to the start line about forty seconds before the gun went off. I had to start all the way to the back.
I really think that I am gonna start going to the races alone, it is way less stressful.
Event warmup:

What warm up? the one in my head?
Run
  • 1h 45m 17s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 02s  min/mile
Comments:

I ran while pushing the baby stroller with Veronica in it. The first 5k I couldn't pick up the pace because if you read, I started all the way in the back and it took me 4'05" to go through the mat. I went around people, some were walking, some doing fourteen min/miles... They're not to blame, everybody has a right to be there. I can't get frustrated because it is nobody's wrongdoing.
The funny thing is to hear the comments from the people that you pass with the stroller, they go from "way to go", "you're awesome", "good pace, daddy" to the acid ones like "That guy is insane" or "that is an insult".
Whatever, I had tons of fun and I like passing people, as I matter of fact I probably passed around 1500 or 2000 easy.
What would you do differently?:

Start closer to the front.
Post race
Warm down:

Drank three bottles of Myoplex, ate a banana, drank water and talked to German my friend. My wife asked me to leave about five minutes later.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing, maybe I could have gone 5 or 6 minutes faster by starting closer to the timing mat.

Event comments:

I'll do it again next year.

Last updated: 2009-10-11 12:00 AM
Running
01:45:17 | 13.1 miles | 08m 02s  min/mile
Age Group: 55/283
Overall: 398/3138
Performance: Good
Course: Flat to begin with, then some neighboorhood hills here and there. Nothing outrageous.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2009-11-01 8:21 PM

User image

Master
Dallas
Subject: DRC Half Marathon

2009-11-02 10:35 AM
in reply to: #2492430

User image

Expert
Plano, TX
Subject: RE: DRC Half Marathon

I only saw only one stroller there, so I may have seen you!  I started near the back, too, so was passing many people early in the race.  I saw someone pushing the stroller and thought, "Way to go!"

I pushed a stroller in a 5K race last weekend, so I know exactly what it takes to do that.  Your finish time is even more awesome because of it!

2009-11-02 10:59 AM
in reply to: #2492430

User image

Champion
the colony texas
Subject: RE: DRC Half Marathon
Nice race

parking is always tough at this one,  you either need to get the 2 hrs early or take the train to the white rock station and use the walk as your warm up
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » DRC Half Marathon Rss Feed