General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tyranena Beer Run Rules .... (long) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-11-03 12:18 PM

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin
Subject: Tyranena Beer Run Rules .... (long)

For those Tyraneeners that may not have received this, read on:

Just a few days remain before the 4th Annual Tyranena Beer Run! Thank you for signing up!!

Please read ALL OF THE INFORMATION and INSTRUCTIONS below COMPLETELY so that you are fully ready and up-to-date on race day!! Hang in there... I know it's long but there is simply lots to cover!

RACE START TIMES
1/2 Barrel (13.1 miles) - 11:30 am
1/6 Barrel (4.37 miles) Run or Walk - 12:30 pm

PACKET PICK UP & FOOD DONATIONS
Those registered for either race route will be able to pick up race packets and timing chips beginning at 9:00 am on Saturday, November 7, in the large tent near the Start/Finish line. Packet pickup will end shortly after 11:30 am for BOTH race routes. Please BRING your non-perishable FOOD DONATIONS to packet pickup. All items donated will go to the Lake Mills Food Pantry. Please also remember that there is greater need this year than there has been in recent years past!

DAY OF RACE REGISTRATION
** There is NO day of race registration. ** We have already met our 1500 participant limit. There is no waiting list and we cannot make any exceptions for additional registrations. The timing officiate has also already downloaded all of our race information; he creates check-in lists and must have time to assign bib numbers and timing chips to all participants... we can no longer alter any participant information or add additional participants, even if we wanted to.

ROUTES
Both routes are certified for distance and will be clearly marked with mile markers at each mile.

Participants must run or walk on the LEFT SIDE of the road; this is where markings and signs will be located.

Restroom facilities will be available at the start/finish line as well as at all four water stations along the 1/2 Barrel Route and at the water station at Mile 2 of the 1/6 Barrel Route. A recovery tent for all race participants will be located at the finish line with bottled water and other snack items.

All routes are planned on OPEN city or county roads. Please run/walk in single file, except when passing. THERE ARE SOME HILLS ON BOTH ROUTES. Please feel free to drive the routes prior to race day to be fully prepared.

Approximately one-third of the 1/2 Barrel Route will follow the Glacial Drumlin State Trail. The Glacial Drumlin State Trail is made of compressed gravel; built and maintained by the DNR on a decommissioned railroad bed. As such, it is fairly level and flat and often used by runners for recreation and training. Please note that there are many shaded areas along this route that will be significantly colder than other parts of the race.

Strollers and baby joggers are permitted on the 1/6 Barrel Route only and must start at the rear of the group. No dogs are allowed on either course route.

USATF Certification Codes
1/2 Barrel Route, 13.10938 miles - WI-07028-DM
1/6 Barrel Route, 4.37 miles - WI-07027-DM

SHOWERS & LOCKERS
Unfortunately, there are no shower facilities available at the brewery for participants to use after the race. There are also no lockers to hold items while participants are racing or eating their meals. Please do not ask bartenders to place items behind the bar as they will not have room to accommodate these items.

PARKING
Parking will be available in the field next to the brewery (assuming it is not too wet), across the street from the brewery at Oskri Organics (formerly MPI Fineblanking), down Owen Street at Crystal Farms, at Geiger International and Daybreak Farms (both kitty-corner from the brewery). We also have an alternate parking location at in Lake Mills at the vacant Planar building; we will be providing a shuttle service in our Tyranena Bus every 15 to 30 minutes from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm during the event. If you're taking the shuttle, be sure to move your car closer to the brewery if you plan to stay after 3:00 pm!

Please carpool if possible and watch for direction from parking attendants in orange vests, waving orange flags. Parking is NOT allowed on Owen Street. Violators will be ticketed. Also, please note that parking will NOT be allowed in the paved lot at the brewery until all participants have finished both race routes (likely after 3 o'clock) and Owen Street will be closed from 11:00 am until 3:00 pm for the safety of all participants.

DIRECTIONS TO THE BREWERY
Registration, Packet Pickup, the Start/Finish line, meal and award ceremony will all take place at the Tyranena Brewing Company, located at 1025 Owen Street in Lake Mills.

To reach the brewery, coming from either Madison or Milwaukee, take I-94 towards Lake Mills and exit at Hwy 89 - Exit #259, turning south towards downtown. At the first (and only) stop light turn left onto Hwy V (also called Tyranena Park Road). Approximately one mile down Hwy. V, you will come to a stop sign. Pass straight through this intersection (crossing over Hwy A, also called Mulberry Street) then take the first right onto Owen Street... or watch for directions to park from orange-vested parking attendants. The brewery is the first building on your right on Owen Street.

DINNER
A lasagna dinner, garlic bread and salad will be served to each race participant. Meal and drink tickets will be in participants' race packets. There are two types of lasagna, one with a red meat sauce and the other with a meatless, white sauce. Dinners will be served in the race-side Beer Tent from approximately 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm. Lasagna selections will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis.

A limited amount of additional meal tickets will be available for purchase at $10.00 per plate for spectators. Tickets will be available for purchase at the information/merchandise booth near the Beer Tent.

ENTERTAINMENT & BEER TENT
The race-side Beer Tent will start serving beverages at 11:00 am and remain open until just after 5:00 pm. At that time we will be moving the party indoors, where Queenie & the Blue Cats (www.queenieandthebluecats.com) will be performing in the Tasting Room from 7:00 pm until 10:00 pm.

The Wisconsin Badgers play Indiana at 11:00 am on Saturday. For all the fans, we will do our best to accommodate the game on the big screens inside the Tasting Room.

The Tasting Room at the brewery will be open from 10:00 am until 12 Midnight.

As per City ordinances, there is no smoking allowed in any tents. The brewery's Tasting Room is also completely smoke-free. Smoking is allowed outside of any tent as well as in the Beer Garden.

Don't forget to bring your I.D.! It is the policy of our servers to card anyone under the age of 30... and it can be quite difficult to tell who is 30 these days! Help them out... keep your I.D. on your person... at the very least, when you are on brewery grounds!

Many participants have asked staff and volunteers in the past... but SORRY! Drink tickets cannot be redeemed for beer-to-go, meals or merchandise! And they have absolutely no cash value...

Due to the sheer amount of people onsite during this event, we will not be offering pitchers, sampler platters or growler fills on Saturday. In fact, for everyone's safety and sanity, we will only be serving in plastic pint glasses. If you would like a taste of a beer before you redeem one of your tickets, just ask! The bartenders will be happy to help you.

This year's festivities will take place on the south side of the brewery. You will find a large fenced-in area containing a large, heated tent, a bar, lots of seating and 20 portable restroom facilities. All the same beverages served in the Tasting Room will also be poured in the Beer Tent. That said, please understand that local licensing requires we "contain" all alcoholic beverages; so all tap beer must be consumed either within the fenced area or inside the Tasting Room.... but never in between!

POST RACE SPECIAL
Take home a 6-pack of Tyranena Beer for just $7.00. There is no limit for this special; however the offer is only good at Tyranena Brewing Company and only on Saturday, November 7. While we will once again be offering a discounted 6-pack special to our participants, however, I need to stress that 6-packs cannot be consumed on brewery grounds. Unfortunately, if staff members or volunteers see anyone with an open bottle in hand, they will be forced to confiscate it! Please place your beer-to-go purchases in your car and enjoy them when you get home!

WHERE DO THE PROCEEDS GO?
Monies not used to pay a bill directly related to the cost of the event will be donated to two charities: the Jefferson County Christmas Neighbors Program and the Humane Society of Jefferson County.

Most people are familiar with the Humane Society but may not realize the scope of their reach; each year they assist hundreds of lost dogs and puppies by returning them to their loving owners and facilitate another hundred or more adoptions. Not to mention the few hundred cats and kittens returned to or placed with families... and hamsters... and rabbits... and birds. (Oh my!) The list of animals assisted every year goes on and on.

And the Christmas Neighbors program offers toys, gifts, mittens, clothing and food to low-income families with children; providing a box of food, home-made mittens and $30 in gifts per child to needy families during the Christmas holidays. Parents, who are required to fill out an application and submit a referral from an applicable agency, are able to "shop" for gifts for their children about two weeks before the holiday. All the shopping items are donated or purchased with funds collected by the Christmas Neighbors.

CLOSING - YOU MADE IT THROUGH!!
Lastly, this event simply could not occur without the help (and graciousness) of A WHOLE SLEW of volunteers and staff. At times, it's possible that there may be lines for check-in, beverages or restrooms... and there's always a chance we may run out of bananas or other supplies.... but in all likelihood, these things are beyond the control of those doing the serving! So please, PLEASE, remember that throughout the event... and feel free to offer a "thank you", if you are so inclined! (I bet it would make someone's day!)

As for any complaints, comments, or criticism (constructive or otherwise), you can forward such things to me... don't worry, I've got broad shoulders! I should be easy to find (I try to where a fluorescent orange Tyranena shirt) though I may not be available for extremely long conversations! I will be happy to put out any pressing fires immediately and address concerns whenever possible. If you have suggestions or comments that are not in need of immediate attention, it may be best to shoot me an email. I do read each and every one and this event will always be a work-in-progress. Your input has value to us!

Between now and the event, I will do my best to respond to emails and voicemails... but we are getting down to the wire, so I apologize if responses are delayed...

The event will take place, rain or shine! Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds for any reason...

Until then, keep your fingers crossed for good weather! Regardless, there will be a LARGE HEATED tent for everyone's enjoyment! (EVEN LARGER THAN LAST YEAR'S TENT with a second heater too!)

Again, thank you for participating in our event and I hope you have a great time! See you Saturday!

Stacey McGinnis
Front Operations Manager & Ride Coordinator
Tyranena Brewing Company
1025 Owen Street - PO Box 736
Lake Mills, WI 53551
920-648-8699
www.tyranena.com

2009-11-03 9:25 PM
in reply to: #2495478

User image

Elite
Denver
Subject: RE: Tyranena Beer Run Rules .... (long)

I didn't see bacon anywhere in that...

2009-11-04 8:23 AM

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin

Bacon-boy, I emphasized some VERY important instructions, below.  See, if you look VERY carefully, you'll see it (I even highlighted it to help you).  And don't forget the bonus word of the day!

1stTimeTri - 2009-11-03 12:18 PM

For those Tyraneeners that may not have received this, read on:

Just a few days remain before the 4th Annual Tyranena Beer Run! Thank you for signing up!!

Please read ALL OF THE INFORMATION and INSTRUCTIONS below COMPLETELY so that you are fully ready and up-to-date on race day!! Hang in there... I know it's long but there is simply lots to cover!

RACE START TIMES
1/2 Barrel (13.1 miles) - 11:30 am
1/6 Barrel (4.37 miles) Run or Walk - 12:30 pm

PACKET PICK UP & FOOD DONATIONS
Those registered for either race route will be able to pick up race packets and timing chips beginning at 9:00 am on Saturday, November 7, in the large tent near the Start/Finish line. Packet pickup will end shortly after 11:30 am for BOTH race routes. Please BRING your non-perishable FOOD DONATIONS to packet pickup. All items donated will go to the Lake Mills Food Pantry. Please also remember that there is greater need this year than there has been in recent years past!

DAY OF RACE REGISTRATION
** There is NO day of race registration. ** We have already met our 1500 participant limit. There is no waiting list and we cannot make any exceptions for additional registrations. The timing officiate has also already downloaded all of our race information; he creates check-in lists and must have time to assign bib numbers and timing chips to all participants... we can no longer alter any participant information or add additional participants, even if we wanted to.

ROUTES
Both routes are certified for distance and will be clearly marked with mile markers at each mile.

Participants must run or walk on the LEFT SIDE of the road; this is where markings and signs will be located.

Restroom facilities will be available at the start/finish line as well as at all four water stations along the 1/2 Barrel Route and at the water station at Mile 2 of the 1/6 Barrel Route. A recovery tent for all race participants will be located at the finish line with bottled water and other snack items.

All routes are planned on OPEN city or county roads. Please run/walk in single file, except when passing. THERE ARE SOME HILLS ON BOTH ROUTES. Please feel free to drive the routes prior to race day to be fully prepared.

Approximately one-third of the 1/2 Barrel Route will follow the Glacial Drumlin State Trail. The Glacial Drumlin State Trail is made of compressed gravel; built and maintained by the DNR on a decommissioned railroad bed. As such, it is fairly level and flat and often used by runners for recreation and training. Please note that there are many shaded areas along this route that will be significantly colder than other parts of the race.

Strollers and baby joggers are permitted on the 1/6 Barrel Route only and must start at the rear of the group. No dogs are allowed on either course route.

USATF Certification Codes
1/2 Barrel Route, 13.10938 miles - WI-07028-DM
1/6 Barrel Route, 4.37 miles - WI-07027-DM

SHOWERS & LOCKERS
Unfortunately, there are no shower facilities available at the brewery for participants to use after the race. There are also no lockers to hold items while participants are racing or eating their meals. Please do not ask bartenders to place items behind the bar as they will not have room to accommodate these items.

PARKING
Parking will be available in the field next to the brewery (assuming it is not too wet), across the street from the brewery at Oskri Organics (formerly MPI Fineblanking), down Owen Street at Crystal Farms, at Geiger International and Daybreak Farms (both kitty-corner from the brewery). We also have an alternate parking location at in Lake Mills at the vacant Planar building; we will be providing a shuttle service in our Tyranena Bus every 15 to 30 minutes from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm during the event. If you're taking the shuttle, be sure to move your car closer to the brewery if you plan to stay after 3:00 pm!

Please carpool if possible and watch for direction from parking attendants in orange vests, waving orange flags. Parking is NOT allowed on Owen Street. Violators will be ticketed. Also, please note that parking will NOT be allowed in the paved lot at the brewery until all participants have finished both race routes (likely after 3 o'clock) and Owen Street will be closed from 11:00 am until 3:00 pm for the safety of all participants.

DIRECTIONS TO THE BREWERY
Registration, Packet Pickup, the Start/Finish line, meal and award ceremony will all take place at the Tyranena Brewing Company, located at 1025 Owen Street in Lake Mills.

To reach the brewery, coming from either Madison or Milwaukee, take I-94 towards Lake Mills and exit at Hwy 89 - Exit #259, turning south towards downtown. At the first (and only) stop light turn left onto Hwy V (also called Tyranena Park Road). Approximately one mile down Hwy. V, you will come to a stop sign. Pass straight through this intersection (crossing over Hwy A, also called Mulberry Street) then take the first right onto Owen Street... or watch for directions to park from orange-vested parking attendants. The brewery is the first building on your right on Owen Street.

DINNER
A lasagna dinner, garlic bread and salad will be served to each race participant. Meal and drink tickets will be in participants' race packets. There are two types of lasagna, one with a red meat sauce and the other with a meatless, white sauce. Dinners will be served in the race-side Beer Tent from approximately 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm. Lasagna selections will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis.

A limited amount of additional meal tickets will be available for purchase at $10.00 per plate for spectators. Tickets will be available for purchase at the information/merchandise booth near the Beer Tent.

ENTERTAINMENT & BEER TENT
The race-side Beer Tent will start serving beverages at 11:00 am and remain open until just after 5:00 pm. At that time we will be moving the party indoors, where Queenie & the Blue Cats (www.queenieandthebluecats.com) will be performing in the Tasting Room from 7:00 pm until 10:00 pm.

The Wisconsin Badgers play Indiana at 11:00 am on Saturday. For all the fans, we will do our best to accommodate the game on the big screens inside the Tasting Room.

The Tasting Room at the brewery will be open from 10:00 am until 12 Midnight.

As per City ordinances, there is no smoking allowed in any tents. The brewery's Tasting Room is also completely smoke-free. Smoking is allowed outside of any tent as well as in the Beer Garden.

Don't forget to bring your I.D.! It is the policy of our servers to card anyone under the age of 30... and it can be quite difficult to tell who is 30 these days! Help them out... keep your I.D. on your person... at the very least, when you are on brewery grounds!

Many participants have asked staff and volunteers in the past... but SORRY! Drink tickets cannot be redeemed for beer-to-go, meals or merchandise! And they have absolutely no cash value...

Due to the sheer amount of people onsite during this event, we will not be offering pitchers, sampler platters or growler fills on Saturday. In fact, for everyone's safety and sanity, we will only be serving in plastic pint glasses. If you would like a taste of a beer before you redeem one of your tickets, just ask! The bartenders will be happy to help you.

This year's festivities will take place on the south side of the brewery. You will find a large fenced-in area containing a large, heated tent, a bar, lots of seating and 20 portable restroom facilities. All the same beverages served in the Tasting Room will also be poured in the Beer Tent. That said, please understand that local licensing requires we "contain" all alcoholic beverages; so all tap beer must be consumed either within the fenced area or inside the Tasting Room.... but never in between!

POST RACE SPECIAL
Take home a 6-pack of Tyranena Beer for just $7.00. There is no limit for this special; however the offer is only good at Tyranena Brewing Company and only on Saturday, November 7. While we will once again be offering a discounted 6-pack special to our participants, however, I need to stress that 6-packs cannot be consumed on brewery grounds. Unfortunately, if staff members or volunteers see anyone with an open bottle in hand, they will be forced to confiscate it! Please place your beer-to-go purchases in your car and enjoy them when you get home!

WHERE DO THE PROCEEDS GO?
Monies not used to pay a bill directly related to the cost of the event will be donated to two charities: the Jefferson County Christmas Neighbors Program and the Humane Society of Jefferson County.

Most people are familiar with the Humane Society but may not realize the scope of their reach; each year they assist hundreds of lost dogs and puppies by returning them to their loving owners and facilitate another hundred or more adoptions. Not to mention the few hundred cats and kittens returned to or placed with families... and hamsters... and rabbits... and birds. (Oh my!) The list of animals assisted every year goes on and on.

And the Christmas Neighbors program offers toys, gifts, mittens, clothing and food to low-income families with children; providing a box of food, home-made mittens and $30 in gifts per child to needy families during the Christmas holidays. Parents, who are required to fill out an application and submit a referral from an applicable agency, are able to "shop" for gifts for their children about two weeks before the holiday. All the shopping items are donated or purchased with funds collected by the Christmas Neighbors.

CLOSING - YOU MADE IT THROUGH!!
Lastly, this event simply could not occur without the help (and graciousness) of A WHOLE SLEW of volunteers and staff. At times, it's possible that there may be lines for check-in, beverages or restrooms... and there's always a chance we may run out of bananas or other supplies.... but in all likelihood, these things are beyond the control of those doing the serving! So please, PLEASE, remember that throughout the event... and feel free to offer a "thank you", if you are so inclined! (I bet it would make someone's day!)

As for any complaints, comments, or criticism (constructive or otherwise), you can forward such things to me... don't worry, I've got broad shoulders! I should be easy to find (I try to where a fluorescent orange Tyranena shirt) though I may not be available for extremely long conversations! I will be happy to put out any pressing fires immediately and address concerns whenever possible. If you have suggestions or comments that are not in need of immediate attention, it may be best to shoot me an email. I do read each and every one and this event will always be a work-in-progress. Your input has value to us!

Between now and the event, I will do my best to respond to emails and voicemails... but we are getting down to the wire, so I apologize if responses are delayed...

The event will take place, rain or shine! Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds for any reason...

Until then, keep your fingers crossed for good weather! Regardless, there will be a LARGE HEATED tent for everyone's enjoyment! (EVEN LARGER THAN LAST YEAR'S TENT with a second heater too!)

Again, thank you for participating in our event and I hope you have a great time! See you Saturday!

Stacey McGinnis
Front Operations Manager & Ride Coordinator
Tyranena Brewing Company
1025 Owen Street - PO Box 736
Lake Mills, WI 53551
920-648-8699
www.tyranena.com

Edited by 1stTimeTri 2009-11-04 8:24 AM
2009-11-04 6:20 PM

User image

Elite
Denver
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tyranena Beer Run Rules .... (long) Rss Feed