Canadian Triathlon Forum Saskatchewan » LBS in Saskatoon Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2009-11-19 12:25 PM

User image

Veteran
Ottawa
Subject: LBS in Saskatoon
Does anyone have any experience with any of the LBS in Saskatoon? I know there's Spoke and Sport, Bike Universe, and Bike Doctor. I've never ridden anything other than cheap mountain bikes and I want to start the process of pricing out a road bike. Trouble is I know next to nothing and will need a helpful sales person. Just wondering if of these places had exceptional staff or something.

2009-11-23 12:04 PM
in reply to: #2522117

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: LBS in Saskatoon
I must admit that I am biased in that I love Bike Doctor. They have great deals and are very female-friendly. They've also gone above and beyond the call of duty to get me ready for races.

I've heard a number of comments from women that Doug's Spoke and Sport may not be the best choice. I really don't know a lot about Bike Universe. Many of my road biking friends are fans of Bruce's Cycle Works.

Best thing to do is go window shopping and compare. Resist any hard sell until you've checked out all the bike stores that you want. Compare prices and enjoy the process of trying as many bikes as you want. It's all about fit, so feel free to try them all!

NLG
2009-12-01 11:24 PM

User image

I'm a fan of Bruce's Cycle Works (on Central). Talk to Neil - he gives good advice. And as Nav said, shop around. Also post to Cycledelia and STCI websites - you might find a used bike that gets you more than what you budget would otherwise allow.
2009-12-02 12:27 PM

User image

Veteran
Ottawa
Thanks.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Saskatchewan » LBS in Saskatoon Rss Feed