70F / 21C
Overcast
Total Time = 6h 05m 21s
Overall Rank = 298/677
Age Group = Female 45-49
Age Group Rank = 7/25
Pre-race routine:

Miami Man

The "Miami Man" is a great Event organized for the well known Group from South Florida...

Photobucket

It took place at the Larry & Penny T. Park / Metro Zoo Miami on Nov.8th...holding 3 Events at the same time:
An 1/2 Iron Distance Triathlon with 677 participants, an International Distance Triathlon with 622 participants and an 1/2 Iron Duathlon with 66 participants...for a total of 1365 participants...

I have been helping in this Race in the Bike Course since 2004...and...I have raced this one 5 times included this year...since 2005...

Wendesday Nov.4th: Painted all the arrows in the Bike Course...

Friday Mov.6th: Placed all the poles and the arrows sign in every turn in the Bike Course...and...helped to set-up the Race Area...

My Buddy and me went for Full Carbo Load to our favorite Italian Restaurant "Di Napoli" in the area of Pine Crest in South Miami in the evening...
My Buddy ordered his usual Sea Food over pasta...and...for me...Scampi Shrimps served over linguinis...also We ordered a Large Pizza to take with us to home for next day...

Saturday Nov.7th: Mandatory Day Off for us...

Slept till 8:00 am...and...get a full breakfast: OJ, eggs, bacon, toasted bagel with cream cheese and slices of turkey and brie on top, coffee w/milk and our usual package of Multi-Viatmins and Minerals, Glucosamine, Amino 1500 and CO-Q-10...

Wiped/waxed/lubed/tuned bikes...changed wheels for Race Wheels...prepared/packed all our Race Stuff...and...prepared all our beverages for the Race...

Took early lunch: Pizza and a short nap...

Loaded bikes and our swimming stuff in the car...and...left around 1:30 pm to Pick-up our Race Packages and for the Mandatory Bike Check-In...for a swimming at the Lake...and to check the Expo...

When We got there...it was full...tons and tons of people...it was hard to find a place to park the car...but...finally found one spot...

First...We went to pick-up our Race Packages and timming chips...BTW...We got Cool Stuff like usual in this Event...It was fast...a very short line...then...got body marked and went to get our bikes and put their Bid#'s...to take them to Transition Area...

My Buddy got the Bid# 615 and me Bid# 966 and both got the same Swimming Cap...the Goofy Nemo Orange Cap...LOL We were in the same Wave...our Bid#'s were in yellow with a giraffe

2009 Miami Man

and the International Distance Bid#s were in green with an alligator and the 1/2 Duathlon Bid#s were in blue with a zebra...Really Cool...!!!

Took our bikes to Transition Area and placed our bikes in our respective rack area...Transition was a long but very long area....

My rack was the 2nd one next to the Bike Exit...Nice...!!! and My Buddy's rack was next to the Restrooms...LOL

Here is My Buddy's bike already placed and covered with a plastic bag just in case...cuz...We had some rains during the nights before the Race...and...his rack area...

2009 Miami Man

2009 Miami Man

Here is my place in the rack with my name and Age Group...my bike already placed...and...the rack area...

2009 Miami Man

2009 Miami Man

2009 Miami Man

2009 Miami Man

Here is the view of the Bike Exit from my rack area...

2009 Miami Man

And here is part of Transition Area...

2009 Miami Man

After that We went to the lake to have a swimming with our Wet-Suits...the lake was opened from 12:00 to 4:00 pm...but...by our surprise...when We got there...the Swimming Session was shut down by the Park Manager at 2:30 pm...cuz he found a kid unsupervised by his Parents in the lake...WHT...!!! Oh well...Policy of the MIami-Dade County Parks... Everybody was pissed off...Grrrrr...!!!...and...wondering...Who were these unresponsible Parents??? to slap their heads and put them in time out...LOL

We went to Transition again...and..waited for our BT friend Cat (TriToy) that came from Boston to race the International Distance and We had a plastic bag for her bike...

From Transiton...We went to check the Expo and take some Pics of the lake...

Here is part of the Expo...

2009 Miami Man

Here some pics...me and the lake behind...and..the lake from different views...

2009 Miami Man

2009 Miami Man

2009 Miami Man

2009 Miami Man

2009 Miami Man

Went back to home...and...put the Bid#s in our helmets and belts...

And here are some of the Cool Stuff that We got in our Race-Packages: a nice t-shirt, a cap, a bottle, a towel...and...some goodies...

2009 Miami Man

2009 Miami Man

Got an early dinner...grilled chicken legs, a southwester style rice and steams veggies...

Went to bed early to watch some TV till 9:00 pm when my Buddy joined me to sleep....ZZZZZZZZzzzzzz

Sunday Nov.8th:
Woke-up at 4:30 am...got dressed, put my timming chips on my left ankle and sunblock on my face, neck and shoulders...

Took Mariah our dog outside and noticed that it was super-windy...gusty winds...OMG...I knew that it would be a challenge in the Bike Course...Yikes..!!!

Checked the Weather Channel on TV...and...there was a Wind Advisory in effect in all around the Race Area and east coast...alerting that there were sustained winds from east at 25 to 30 mph gusting to 35 to 40 mph...more Yikes...!!!

Got our usual Pre-Race Breakfast: OJ for both...my usual Soy Protein Shake (chocolate) and a small Clif Bar...for my Buddy...a waffle with PB and coffee and our usual packages of Multi-Vitamins and Minerals, Amino 1500, Glucosamine and CO-Q-10...

Took the coolers with our beverages and left from home at 5:00 am...It tooks us around 20 minutes to get to the Park...Our house is only 15 miles far from there...Nice...!!! In our way to the Race...I ate a banana with some water...

Every Wave had a specific time and entrance to get to the Park...and...We had to get at 5:40 am at the Pink Entrance...They had a lot of volunteers controlling and leading the traffic...and...they showed us where to park the car...Very well organized...Nice...!!!

Went directly to Transition Area and did set-up all our Race Stuff:

Removed plastic bag from my bike...
Placed helmet over my seat...Speedfill Hydration System in its cage with frozen water...my AeroBottle with a mix of Cytromax and Accelerade Hydro (Tangy/Orange) in the bracket over the AeroBars...3 GU Roctane Gels (Blueberry/Pomegranate), a package of Clif Shot Blocks, a small package with 6 Endurolytes and 4 Sport Legs capsules in my Bento Box...
Placed a green towel in front of my bike and over my biking/running shoes, my FuelBelt with Bid# and inside its pocket a GU Roctane Gel, a small package with 4 Endurolytes and 2 Sport Legs capsules...and...next to the running shoes my hat and a bottle with frozen water...

By this moment there were some USAT Official Refeeres around my rack area and they announced that was Wet-Suit Legal...the water temp was almost in the limit...77.9oF...We were very lucky cuz the water temps were in between 78oF and 80oF in the last days prior the Race...Everybody were very happy with the news...Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....!!!!

Went to check my Buddy and went to the Porta Potty for my last dump...LOL

Came back to my rack area...sat over my cooler...put...Body Glide over my right side of my neck and feet...put my Wet-Suit till my hips...stayed relax...closed eyes...and...did my last visualization of the Race...

My friends Suzy and Jackie came to me and they were waiting for me to go to the lake...

Took a Clif Shot Gel (Razz) and 2 Endurolytes with water and Cytromax (Tangy/Orange)...took my Goofy Nemo Swimmming Cap, wax ear-plugs and goggles...and...we headed to the lake...
Event warmup:

At the Swim Area...put the rest of my Wet-Suit, wax ear-plugs, swimming cap and goggles and jumped into the lake for a swimming warm-up...the water was not too cold and not too warm...perfect...

The 1/2 Iron started in time like usual at 6:58 am with the 1st Wave (Pro/Elite, Physically Challenge and Collegiate)....There were in total 9 Waves and My Buddy and me were in the Wave #8 at 7:30 am (Men 55+, Women 45+)...

After 10 minutes from the last Wave...the 1/2 Duathlon took off at 7:45 am and the International Distance Triathlon started at 8:00 am...

Swim
  • 45m 4s
  • 1931 meters
  • 02m 20s / 100 meters
Comments:

1.2 Mile ( 1931.21 mts.)

TIME: 00:45:04 / 02m 20s / 100 mts.

Age Group: 10 / 25

Overall: 339 / 677

Female Overall: 79 / 189

Swimming Course:

Miami Man Swim Course

Note: According with my Buddy Garmin...the distance was 1.44 mile...I don't know...!!!

The Swimming Course took place in Larry & Penny 's crystal clear lake and we had to swim twice a 0.6 mile Loop...We had to run out of the water after the 1 Lap to the Swim Exit Arch and turn around a pole and go back to the water...

Our Wave started in time at 7:30 am...but...unfortunate...just when we took off at the same time a huge group of young men with light blue caps...I'm assuming they were from the Wave# 4 (Men 25-34) leading their group...merged and crowded our Wave...they were starting their 2nd loop...and...OMG...very aggresive group...a full contact combat...arms, legs, hand, heads, etc...etc people over and under...it was the most difficult swimming that I have had to only reach the first bouy (yellow)...it was a real washing machine...Yikes...!!! I supposed to start behind drafting my Buddy like we usually do when we do our OWS practice...but...I think when he saw that group coming...he took off so fast that I couldn't catch him...LOL

After the 1st Bouy I started to focus in my usual and constante stroke even the congested swimming course...too many people everywhere...and...the gusty winds didn't help too much either...making the water a little choppy...that made me swallow gallons of water...still...reaching and passing a lot of people from my Wave and other Waves...finally finished my 1st Loop...got out of the water and ran as fast as possible to the Swim Exit Arch turn around the pole and jumped again into the water...

It was in my 2nd Loop that finally I could swim like usual...there were less people more spreaded out and some Waves were already heading out to Transition...Ufffff...!!!

Finished my 2nd Loop and ran as fast as possible to the Swim Exit Arch...removing first my Wet-Suit till my hips...then goggles, swim cap and wax ear-plugs and put them inside the cap...

Here...getting out of the water...

2009 Miami Man 2009 Miami Man

What would you do differently?:

I need to focus a little more in my swimming...I know that I'm a stronger swimmer but not fast...average...

I Know that I focused more in my bike/run trainings for this 1/2 Iron...
Transition 1
  • 02m 56s
Comments:

It was a super-fast Transition...I was the fastest in my AG and 23rd Overall fo 677 participants....WooooHoooo and Wuaooooo...!!!

Just when I passed the Swim Exit Arch...I sprinted till the Streepers Area located maybe 50 yards from there...the streepers did a great job...2 guys removed the rest of my Wet-Suit in less that 5 seconds...WooooHoooo...!!! I really love them...!!!

From there was a long run till Transition Area and to my rack area that was located at the end next to the Bike Exit...but I never stopped...reaching and passing tons of people...many of them walking...LOL

Got in my rack area...and...went directly where my Transition bag was located and dumped my wet-suit and swimming cap over...went to my bike...took helmet...put biking shoes...and...ran fast with my bike out of Transition till the Desmount/Mount Area...jumped into my bike and took off...

Practice and practice...
Bike
  • 3h 07m 16s
  • 56 miles
  • 17.94 mile/hr
Comments:

56 miles

TIME: 03:07:16 / 18 mile/hr

Age Group: 9 / 25

Overall: 366 / 677

Female Overall: 68 / 189

Here is the Bike Course:

Miami Man Bike Course

The Bike Course went through the famous farmland and nursey area of The Redlands...my backyard...

Just when I jumped into my bike...I knew that I would have the winds with me...strong tailwinds even croswinds too...and I said to me..."take advantage of them now cuz when you come back to Transition they will be brutal"....I was flying...Yahooooooooooooooooo...!!! keeping an average of 20 mph and max of 27 mph...but...even we had the tailwinds helping us...at the same time...the crosswinds from east were a little scary...in some point...there were some bands coming from east that almost pushed me out of the road...Yikes...!!!

I was passing a lot of people and many others were passing me too...

At this point I decided to take one Gel and 2 Endurolytes...with some water and Cytromax...

Got in the mile 11 mark where the International Distance had to do a U-Turn...and...continued till the mile 13 where the Water Station and Porta Potties were located and where a 14 miles loop starts...didn't get any water...continued taking advantage from the tailwinds keeping my average in 20 mph...Yahooooooooooooooo...!!!

But just when I got in the mile 21 where we had to turn left to the east...OMG...!!! It was like we crashed against a wall...against strong winds...Ufffff...!!! But I pushed and pushed hard to keep my average...Thanks Godness was only for 1.5 mile heading to east...but was very tough...then turn left again heading to north for 3 miles and still headwinds but not too stronger like the winds from east...and..turned right again to east for 1.5 mile but against the strong winds...Yikes...but...I kept it up...trying to keep my average in between 19 and 20 mph...

Got again to the Water Station to start my 2nd Loop...just in case...took one bottle of water that a volunteer handled to me...drank some...tossed over my neck and face...and...the rest in my Speedfill Hydration System...

Heading north for 1 mile...I knew that just when we turn again to west We would have again the help of the strong headwinds for 7 miles...and...I was flying again...keeping my average in 20 mph and max of 27 mph...

At this point I decided to take other Gel and two Gummy Bears (Clif Shot Blocks) with some water and Cytromax...but...

When I got at the turn at the mile 35 to head to east...again this wall of gusty winds coming from east...Ufffff...!!! I pushed and pushed very hard for 1.5 miles...till the turn...heading north for 3 miles against headwinds with strong crosswinds...and off course...my average srated to drop progressively from 20 to 19 mph till the Water Station...and...just in case took other bottle of water from a volunteer...drank some...tossed over my neck and face...and...the rest on my Speedfill Hydration System...

From this point...I knew that I would have the last nice/easy 1 mile and the most difficult 12 miles ride back to Transition...with strong and gusty headwinds/crosswinds against us...Yikes...!!!

I said to me: "Come one Velo...You can do it"...but first...took my last Gel and 2 Sport Legs capsules with some water and Cytromax before the last 12 miles...

I pushed and pushed the best I could...cranked very hard...but still...my average was dropping progressively from 19 to 18...but...I tryed to keep in between 18 and 19 mph...and...just when I got in one of the last turn to head to east...I knew...it would be the most tough 5 miles...gusty headwinds coming from east made me drop my average in 18 mph...but...I don't know from where I found strength that I started push more and more passing a lot of people struggling in the last miles...saying to me "live or die"...that by my surprise...during all my ride...I was with a guy I only know that his name was Jaime cuz was in his Bid#...we were together keeping distance...passing us each one...that helped us to keep pushing and motivated...and...I pushed till my limits or more...that...I lost him....LOL

Just when I got in the last turn heading to north...Ufffff...!!! I said to me "that's all Velo...last 2 miles to Transition"...OMG...I didn't know If I wanted to cry or laugh...but...I was so happy and excited laughing yelling my usual Yahoo...that finally would finish with this brutal bike ride...that...I believed would kill my legs before the 1/2 Mary...Yikes...!!!

I think these 2 miles were the most fastest I have done in my life even headwinds and strong crosswinds...cuz...I only wanted to finish...

Got to the Larry & Penny T. Park...and...the last 1/4 mile to Transition Area was the most exciting moment of this ride... when all these people along the way cheering us...OMG...!!!

Got in the desmount area like usual..like the Pro/Elites but keeping my shoes on...jumped off from my bike and ran inside Transition Area...

Continue with my trains like usual...I know that they payed off in this Race...

The Miami Man Bike Course is my back yard...and...fortunate I had the chance to ride 7 times before the Race...keeping a good average in between 19 and 20 mph in around 2h52m even in windy conditions ...off course nothing like this BRUTAL winds that we had this day...
Transition 2
  • 02m 13s
Comments:

Other super-fast transition but this time I was the 3rd fastest in my AG and 92nd Overall of 677 participants....Not bad...still in the top 100...WoooooHooooo...!!!

It could be more fast but my bottle of water did fall and I lost some time recovereing it...LOL

It was a very short run to my rack area that was next to the entrance...nice...!!!

Placed bike in the rack...changed shoes...took off helmet...took my FuelBealt with Bid#, hat and a bottle of water and ran as fast as possible out of Transition....but...running to the Exit...my bottle of water did fall from my right hand when I was putting my FuelBealt with Bid# and made me lost a valuable time...it rolled far from me...till...I recovered it....LOL

practice and practice...and...never put my belt or hat when I'm running through Transition Area...
Run
  • 2h 06m 52s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 41s  min/mile
Comments:

13.1 miles

TIME: 02:06:52 / 09m41s min/mile

Age Group: 4 / 25

Overall: 177 / 677

Female Overall: 40 / 189

Here the Run Course:

Miami Man Run Course

The Run Course is one of the best and fun part of this Race...It's a 6.6 miles loop and for the 1/2 Iron...We need to do 2 loops...We run the first mile inside the Larry & Penny T. Park over paved path and dirty trails in the nort-west section of the park till a gate that connect to the Miami Metro Zoo, from here...we run a mile by antelopes, gaselles, camels, lions and other animals sections...At that point the Run Course goes down and back the beautiful palm trees lined Metro Zoo main entrance, then re-enters the Zoo at about 3.5 mile mark for another 1.5 miles by many other animals section...the giraffes, gorillas, zebras and elephants...then...we go to through a non-public areas of the Zoo to another gate located at north-east of the Larry & Penny T. Park...merging at the Campground Area...and...from that point back to the Finish Area...to start the 2nd loop...

Note: the gusty winds made a little difficult the run too...in some section running against the winds was tough...

Just out of Transition running not too fast and not too slow...with a constante pace...took some water from my bottle...and...not too far from the Exit...there was the 1st aid/water station...

I took 2 cups of water tossed over my head and neck...then got some slices of orange and ate them...and...took 2 Endurolytes and 2 Sport Legs capsules from my Fuel Belt pocket with water...and...started to push a little more...passing a lot of people...and...by my surprise...I was feeling great...my legs were responding great...but...I knew that it would be a long run and I put a lot of effort in the bike too...that...I really didn't want to kill my legs and I took it easy to test my legs in my first loop...

2009 Miami Man

I took water from every aid/water station and only gatorade in two ocassions...

Also...almost all the aid/water stations inside the Metro Zoo had an improvised shower or sprinkles...it was nice...cuz...helped us to keep fresh....

Here 2 Pics when I was running my 1st Loop in front of the Elephants section...

Just when We got back to the Larry & Penny T. Park at the Campground Area...it was really great to see all these campers next to their RVs cheering us...I remember the first time that I passed...there were a huge group with full volumen music...having a Party because the Race..and...they were listening Classic Rock Music from the 60's and 70's and cheering us...LOL...that made me feel Great and Super-Happy...

When I got back to the Finsih Area to start my 2nd Loop...a woman from a Relay Team...reached me and passed me...she looked very fresh...off course...she was only running...and...I decided to run behind her and I said to me..."Ok...this is your pacer...keep it up with her"...

Just when We were approching to the Hammered Tri-Club aid/water station before the 9 miles mark...I took my last Gel and 2 Endurolytes...and...from there...I started to push more and more...that...I passed the woman (my pacer) and lost her...

Here 2 more Pics in my 2nd Loop run passing in front of the Elephant section...

2009 Miami Man Photobucket

Then I found a group of 3 in their 30's...2 women and a man...keeping an excellent pace...that I decided to keep it with them...till the last aid/water station where I sprinted...passing 2 of them and one of the women sprinted with me...till we reached the Finish Line...

The last 1/4 mile was a very exciting feeling...tons of people along the way till the Finish Area...jumping and cheering us...I felt Powerful and Super-Stronger...It was AWESOME....!!!

Here at the Finish Line...

Continued with my trainings....

I know that I could run more faster but I really didn't know how my legs would respond after the BRUTAL bike ride...and...it was not till the 2nd Loop when I started to run with my usual race pace...
Post race
Warm down:

Just at the Finish Line...a volunteer gave to me the Finisher Medal...and...a orange bracelet that says "Miami Man Half Iron Finisher"...other one took my timming chip from my left ankle...BTW...I didn't lose it...LOL... and... other gave to me a bottle of water and I took other one from a container full of ice...

Here the 1/2 Iron Finisher Medal and the bracelet...

2009 Miami Man

Went directly to one of the chairs that were located in the Finish Area...and...sat down...for almost 20 minutes...at that point my legs were screaming...and...telling me..."hey you...don't think about it...we don't want to walk or run for the rest of the day" LOL

My friend Susy came to me and gave me a big hug...telling me "We made it...We made it...!!!" and did bring some slices of orange for me and sat next to me...and...I said to her..."I need to pee and I really can't stand up and I can't hold it...I will pee over the chair" and I did it...LOL...I think It was almsot 5 gallons of pee...LOL...and...We were laughing and laughing...and...everybody were looking at us like we were crazy aliens...LOL...but...they didn't know what really was going on...and...I tossed all the water over my low body and chair to clean the mess...LOL

Finally after 20 minutes...I got up and went directly to Transition to take off my shoes...and...put soft socks and my sandals...my feet were perfect...I didn't use socks during the Race and not blisters...nice...!!!

Went to the Finish Area to see if My Buddy was coming but nothing yet...walked around...saw some of my tri-peep friends...chatted a little...checked Results...but...my Age Group were not posted yet...

Went to Transition...and...saw my friend Jackie...and...I asked her if she saw my Buddy...and...she told me that he just finished...

Started to collect/pack all my Race stuff and at that point my Buddy showed up ready with bike, cooler and bag heading to the car...and...in less than 1 minute I was following him...

Put eveything into the car...moved the car close to the Finish Area...and...went to check Results...and...nothing yet...

My Buddy needed to be at home early cuz He had to be at work at 4:00 pm that day that we decided to leave...but...OMG...I was in shock...and...only thinking...How he can handle it...He was super- exhausted...Poor Buddy...!!!

Finally at home after unloaded all our Race Stuff and bikes...took a shower and eat something...I checked the Results online...and...found out that I got...

7th place / 25 womem in my AG Female 45-49

Two women from my Age Group were awarded 1st and 3rd Female Master Overall...Nice Job...!!!

Overall: 298th / 677 participants

Female Overall: 56th / 189 women

Total Time: 6h 05m 21s

I think I did a Great Race even the conditions...and...I know that I could finish it in Sub 6h....My Goal for this Race was 6h...off course...not under this BRUTAL conditions....also...not only to finish..."Finish Strong"...and...I did it...Yes...!!! Super-Happy with my Results...!!!

And my Buddy got:

5th place / 13 in his AG 55-59 WoooooHoooo Podium...!!!

Overall: 494 / 677 participants

Male Overall: 364 / 475 men

Total Time: 6h 50m 25s

Congrats Babu on your 5th AG...WTG...!!! But I beat you...!!! LOL

At home I found out about all his difficults that he had to deal during the Race...He had a upset tummy...not feeling good during the swimming...I didn't know that in one point I passed him during the swimming...he lost a valuable time that almost was caught in the cutoff in the bike that he decided to cranks so hard that almost killed him by himself...he was the fastest in his AG...he did fanatstic even his tummy condition and the Brutal winds...his bike time was 2h42m...AWESOME...but...then...he was dead for the run...but...the most important He did it...survived and finished...!!!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Ha..and...Ha...!!!...the BRUTAL winds in the Bike Course...LOL

Event comments:

Excellent Event like usual all the MultiRace Events...Very well organized...tons of volunteers, plenty of aid/drink stations...food...etc...etc.

A great Race that recommend to Everybody...!!!

Off Course...Don't expect this BRUTAL conditions...It's not always like that...LOL

Last updated: 2009-10-13 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:45:04 | 1931 meters | 02m 20s / 100meters
Age Group: 10/25
Overall: 339/677
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 78F / 26C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 02:56
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
03:07:16 | 56 miles | 17.94 mile/hr
Age Group: 9/25
Overall: 366/677
Wind: Strong with gusts
Course:
Road:  Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 02:13
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
02:06:52 | 13.1 miles | 09m 41s  min/mile
Age Group: 4/25
Overall: 177/677
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2009-11-20 6:48 PM

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL
Subject: Miami Man 1/2 Iron Triathlon

2009-11-22 10:34 AM
in reply to: #2524537

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Miami Man 1/2 Iron Triathlon
Way to go Velo!!

I really enjoy your race reports and looks like you had another fantastic race.

Those running pis with the Elephants behind you are very cool and definate keepers. Glad you had a great day and yes I know you can go sub 6 too!!

Awesome season!!
2009-11-22 10:38 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Denver
incredible race...I wish I could have seen you finish but the timing wasn't right...you really rocked this one and those winds were more than most people cold handle...ROCK ON SUPER-VELO
2009-11-22 10:59 AM

User image

Champion
New York, NY
Awesome job!  and about time on the RR girl!!!!

if you can do 6:05 with those winds you will have NO trouble going sub 6!!!! it was BRUTAL out there!!!!

and yes this race was well organized, and great swag!!!! I want to come back but I keep getting sick in the fall!!!

Great job - you will soon be on the podium at this distance too!!!
2009-11-23 10:15 AM

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL

Thanks Guys...

For all your kind words and support...

It really was a great Race...It was my Race even the BRUTAL conditions...

TC - Nice to hear from you again

Angelo - Thanks for coming...even...You lost our Finsih...LOL

Cat - Hope to see ya again in other Races...I was looking for you after the Race...but...I didn't know You already left to the Airport..LOL

Edited by velorider62 2009-11-23 10:37 AM
2009-11-24 9:49 PM

User image

Master
Great race report!
Great work on the bike too.
Hey, I didn't get a towel!!!

Edited by eliwashere 2009-11-24 9:50 PM

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}