General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » One season, four sprint triathlons and I'm hooked. Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-11-21 10:22 AM

User image

Regular
Montreal
Subject: One season, four sprint triathlons and I'm hooked.
Hi.
I'm Syl from Montreal, Canada. I'm a long time cyclist and started triathlon this year. I'm 45, 5'10'' and 170 lbs. I started cycling 20 years ago following an aircraft accident where I almost lost my legs...and physiotherapy followed for a year. So since this accident and my quest to have my legs back, I've done a lot of cycling. I presently have sprint time in the 1:30...The swim leg is the most challenging for me, but I keep going and I swim three times a week to try to improve my technic and now, I have to say that I love to swim. My goal is not to go faster and longer since my legs are still my weak point, but to finish fresh and happy. I'm now seriously hooked and I'm surfing since on this very interesting site.

(B & W.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
B & W.jpg (98KB - 8 downloads)

2009-11-21 11:09 AM
in reply to: #2524932

User image

Expert
Charlottesville, Virginia
Subject: RE: One season, four sprint triathlons and I'm hooked.
Hi Syl, great photo!  And congrats on your outlook and accomplishments thus far.  I enjoy bike rides the most, but feel the best after the swim workouts.  Now if we could just find a way to make the run more.... something!

How are the races/events up in Canada?  Montreal is a wonderful city.  Might make for a great destination race :-)  My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the jazz festival there years ago.

Okay... time to stop reading and get out on the bike and enjoy this bonus day of good weather in Virginia!

Cheers,
Stu

2009-11-21 11:56 AM

User image

Welcome to BT Syl!!!

I'm glad to see a new triathlete from QuebecLaughing

Congratulations for your first year.

2009-11-21 5:57 PM

User image

Veteran
Hi Syl and welcome to BT.  You found the best site to surf around and learn more about Triathlon.  Good luck! Nelson
2009-11-22 6:00 AM

User image

Regular
Montreal
Thanks guys. Off season training is started since there are no more race scheduled. The first one will be in May 2010. So gym training is on the way.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » One season, four sprint triathlons and I'm hooked. Rss Feed