General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from San Franciscoooooo! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-11-25 6:38 PM

User image

New user

San Francisco
Subject: Hello from San Franciscoooooo!
Hi there! New member here in San Francisco. I just completed my first 5k and am now working on training for my first sprint tri - aiming for the Spring/Summer of 2010. I feel a bit "pulled" in terms of my training - trying to figure out how to do it all! So I am hoping that these forums can provide me with some invaluable insights! Thanks all!

2009-11-25 7:01 PM
in reply to: #2531876

User image

Elite
san francisco
Subject: RE: Hello from San Franciscoooooo!
Welcome!  I live in SF also and it is just the best place to train year 'round!  Well, aside from maybe San Diego.  Good luck with training and don't be afraid to ask lots of questions.  My first tri was a sprint tri in 2007 and I have been hooked ever since.  There are lots of groups that train here (Golden Gate Tri club, SF Tri club).  I tend to be a bit of a loner due to a wacky work schedule but love coming to BT for the community it provides. 

There is a challenge forum that helped keep me motivated to swim when I first started training that you might enjoy checking in with.  They do various challenges every month and you can pick your own goals... whether it is swimming 2x/week or biking X miles that month.  Check it out! 

Kim
2009-11-25 9:07 PM

User image

Master
Metro NY Area
Welcome Sarah from San Francisco! Great city! I used to live there too, you should have some nice tri training there. I used to love to go up to Marin and run the Tennessee Valley to the beach. Best to you in your training and tri's. Next month mentor groups start up again so get on one of those groups and learn alot.
2009-11-28 9:26 AM

User image

Veteran
Hi Sarah and welcome to BT!  This is the best place to start.  Make sure you use the forums as you need it but also check the articles, they are great with tons of info.  Good luck and have fun!  Nelson
2009-11-28 11:27 AM

User image

New user

San Francisco
Thank you all for the awesome welcome! In having read the some of the other forums, I think I am going to up my first tri to the end of Feb 2010 to do the Treeathlon in Redwood City. So, the heat'll be on after Xmas to really begin working on my training, especially brickwork. At this point I feel I would be comfortable doing any one of the components in isolation, but putting them together and finding the proper way to fuel and avoid exhaustion will be the key. 

I am really looking forward to utilizing this site to help me in the preparation! 
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from San Franciscoooooo! Rss Feed