General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Compression Socks/Sleeves Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-11-29 3:32 PM

New user
Gautier, MS
Subject: Compression Socks/Sleeves
So I got talked into some Zensa compression sleeves at a local run store recently.  I have worn them after a few runs and have liked them thus far. For those of you who use them, when and for how long do you wear them?  Do you wear them before/during/after workouts?  The guy at the store recommended wearing them after mainly but I have seen folks wearing them during races as well.  What have you found that works well?  Thanks in advance!

2009-11-29 4:14 PM
in reply to: #2534712

User image

Subject: RE: Compression Socks/Sleeves
I'm wearing Zoot recovery socks right now, as a matter of fact. I wear these and the CVS diabetic compression socks for about 24 hours after any 2 hour run or longer. They seem to work great and I'm up for long runs again faster than if I didn't wear them.

I've got 2XU compression sleeves that I run with them on and that is nice too but I'm not seeing all that much difference when I do that.
2009-11-29 4:33 PM

Veteran
Townsville, Australia
I was having huge problems with a shin splint on one leg when running.. and was pretty much going to give up completely. I tried some 2XU calf guards, and wa-la, went out and run my first 5k ever. I always run and race in them. I dont mind cycling in them either.. I reckon the the compression actually gives you a tiny bit of power (this may be totally unfounded though)
2009-11-29 4:35 PM

User image

Expert
Austin
I just bought some of the 2XU calf sleeves. Haven't really used them that much but hopefully I notice something after some longer/harder workouts.
2009-11-30 3:40 PM

My hubby has lower leg problems, and finds that the 2xu calf guards do wonders for him. Not sure how much of that is mental, but he swears they work. (He's not as sore after running when he wears them as compared to when he doesn't.)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Compression Socks/Sleeves Rss Feed