Fleet Feet Rochester
45F / 7C
Overcast
Total Time = 32m 53s
Overall Rank = 380/1424
Age Group = M40-44
Age Group Rank = 41/85
Pre-race routine:

Walked a little bit with my wife and son. Walked to find the start line and around to the finish, got a good idea of where the course went to finish. The course is very similar to the RBR course so I knew most of it, just wasn't sure of the ending part.
Event warmup:

Just a walk around.
Run
  • 32m 53s
  • 4.4 miles
  • 07m 28s  min/mile
Comments:

I had worn long sleeves and tights, I was a bit warm but not too bad. It wasn't too chilly with only a slight breeze. Most likely could have gone with shorts and short sleeves if I had wanted to, would have been cold at the end though as I had to wait about 10 minutes for my wife and son to finish the shorter race. Thought they would get in before me but they didn't. No water on the course, drank two cups at the end, could have used some out on the course but wasn't all that bad.
What would you do differently?:

Start more towards the front, it was a slow start due to the number of folks, once I got out of the traffic a bit I started passing people. After the first half mile or so I didn't really have any traffic issues, just paced according to how I felt and ran. I'm thinking the course is a little bit short, according to a fellow runner we passed the 2 mile mark in 16:16, that means I either ran very fast to the finish or it was short, I'll go with short as I didn't really push the limits on this run.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked over to the water coolers and waited for Lisa and Ryan to finish. Picked up some snacks and headed home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of training recently and some added weight, I've put on about 5lbs since the Half Marathon and it doesn't seem to want to come off.

Event comments:

This is a fairly flat course with a few rollers but not too bad in the Hill department. A water stop on the course would have been nice but since it was cool out it wasn't really necessary.

Last updated: 2009-11-29 12:00 AM
Running
00:32:53 | 04.4 miles | 07m 28s  min/mile
Age Group: 41/85
Overall: 380/1424
Performance: Good
None, didn't use HRM or GPS for this race.
Course:
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Too easy
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes