Andover, Massachusetts
United States
Overcast
Total Time = 58m 15s
Overall Rank = 2491/2728
Age Group = M3039
Age Group Rank = 363/375
Pre-race routine:

Woke up early, got to race site just after 7:00 (for an 8:30 start) because parking is a challenge. Checked in, then went back to the car to stay warm for a while before the race. Got out with a half-hour to spare because my SO needed one last nature break, then we lined up and waited for the start.
Run
  • 58m 15s
  • 5 miles
  • 11m 39s  min/mile
Comments:

Considering my lack of training, I thought the run went pretty well. I took a few walking breaks along the way, but I was able to maintain a fairly consistent pace throughout the race.
Post race
Warm down:

Met up with my SO at the finish line (she walked the 5k and finished just ahead of me), then walked over to pick up my finisher's pie before heading back to the car.

Event comments:

Overall I'm pretty pleased with my result, considering that I have not done any run training since the marathon in May. It was also fun to get out there with my SO and do something together, even though we did different courses at different paces.

Last updated: 2009-10-06 12:00 AM
Running
00:58:15 | 05 miles | 11m 39s  min/mile
Age Group: 363/375
Overall: 375/2728
Performance: Average
Course: The course is one counter-clockwise loop through Andover, starting and ending near the center of town. The 5k and 5M courses run together for the first mile, then the 5M splits off to loop through a few neighborhoods before re-joining the 5k course with just over a mile to go.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes