General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Earth Day Challenge Marathon and Half Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-12-09 10:56 AM

User image

Subject: Earth Day Challenge Marathon and Half
Hi everyone... Info on the 2010 Earth Day Challenge Marathon an Half:

Earth Day Challenge Marathon and Half Marathon
Sunday, April 25, 2010

What better way to celebrate Earth Day than with your feet? You'll run 26.2 miles, traversing historic Gambier and some of Ohio's most scenic countryside on the expertly-maintained (paved) Kokosing Gap Trail. Participants of all abilities are invited to walk, run or a little of both. Hey, as long as you're out there having fun and challenging yourself, we don't care if you're setting a new world record or crawling across the finish line!

The Earth Day Challenge is a fully staffed and supported event with security, medical and aid stations. While you're pushing your body, we'll be treating it right; the aid stations and post-race party will be chock full of organic and locally grown products. It is Earth Day after all. The 2010 course is newly USATF certified so if you're hunting for that Boston Qualifier, look no further for a flat, fast race! Can't sell you on the full marathon? You're not in the clear yet! Sign up for the second annual Earth Day Challenge half-marathon!

Again in 2010, we're offering a 7:00 am start time for walkers followed by an 8:00 am start time for runners. Walkers in the 1/2 Marathon may choose to start at either 7am or 8am but will need to notify race officials of their choice at packet pickup. The course will be open for 8 hours following the walkers' start: until 3:00 pm.

All our proceeds benefit local outdoor fitness initiatives, such as trail runs, cycling events, children's races and other children's programs. For complete information, go to http://bfec.kenyon.edu/EDCFrameset-1.htm

Or, become a fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gambier-OH/Earth-Day-Challenge-Marath...

2009-12-15 10:54 AM
in reply to: #2550399

User image

Veteran
Findlay OH
Subject: RE: Earth Day Challenge Marathon and Half

This sounds interesting.  I'm thinking of trying it as some motivation to work on my run base over the winter. 

Anybody else thinking about it?

2009-12-26 9:01 PM
in reply to: #2550399

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Subject: RE: Earth Day Challenge Marathon and Half
I saw the flyer at Fleet Feet today.
Similar timing to the Cap City Half, though, which is pricey and not that pretty, but no travel. I'll probably end up doing Cap City.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Earth Day Challenge Marathon and Half Rss Feed