active
38F / 3C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 20m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 31-34
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

90 minutes before race i had a bananna, half of a myoplex peanut butter bar, and a small coffee.
Event warmup:

made sure to get out in the cold weather with my sweats off about 30 minutes before the race, ran up and down the parking lot a little bit, nothing to streneous.
Run
  • 1h 20m
  • 10 miles
  • 08m  min/mile
Comments:

this was my first race at this distance so i really did not know what to expect. i kept my HR under 145 for at least the first three miles because i was scared of pushing myself to hard. afer the first 3 miles i realized that i felt pretty good about the distance and my HR so i starting pushing myself to between 145-155 and even hitting 160-165 for a couple of minutes on some of the rolling hills. around the mid point i took a 5 hour energy shot and really started to pick people off, again i felt really good at this point and started to think i should have kept a faster pace earlier on...i really picked up a lot of ground going with my momentum downhill and let myself get between 160-165 going uphill....i was probably maintaining 155-160 on miles 5-7 and then i really tried to increase my pace after mile 7 and was maintaining 160-170...until mile 9 where i completely let go and wss into the high 180s and up to 194 where i maxed out.
What would you do differently?:

the cup of coffee before the race really made my bladder fill full and i was holding back on the water which i wish i didnt have to...next time i am not going to be afraid to pace myself at 150HR in the beginning of the race...
150HR until mile 1-3
150-155HR 3-5
155-165HR mile 5-7
165-175HR mile 7-9
185-195HR mile 9-10
Post race
Warm down:

stretched, did not want to get myself to hot with clothes i fugured out that causes me to rash around my face and chest...i felt really tight so i walked around and stretching felt really good...i ate some banannas and bagels which were really good

What limited your ability to perform faster:

my pace through the first 3 miles was to slow, but i finished really well...i started to feel it in my legs around the 8 mile mark and my form started to suffer a little bit, but overall i felt really strong.

Event comments:

the reace setup was awesome, the rolling hills were perfect and the landscape was beautiful, the volunteers were incredible calling out split times at every mile marker and plenty of water to go around....i highly recommend this race to everyone!!!!

Last updated: 2009-11-23 12:00 AM
Running
01:20:00 | 10 miles | 08m  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
150 avg heart rate 194 max
Course: rolling hills at 1.5 miles, 2.8, 4.5 steeper, 6.6 steepest
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average