2010-06-10 1:25 PM
in reply to: #2902588

User image

New user

Southern Oregon
Subject: RE: Scottt's Group - Closed

srichards428 - 2010-06-05 12:03 PM
JBrunswick - 2010-05-30 7:28 PM
srichards428 - 2010-05-26 6:10 PM Thanx Scott.  That gives me hope....cuz it was really a crappy feeling.  I know I didnt do any swim to bike transitions. Will have to work on that in the next six weeks.  I have my next tri in Indianapolis...and there will be an average of 600 people signed up for this one.

Great race!!! I am envious of the 1:30 time and the temperature. Went to work yest in Bend and was snowing for a few minutes today 65 and sunny..go figure. For wheels I have a set of Rolf Prima Vigor RS (the RS is for us big boys). Made in Eugene Or (Go Ducks) Great wheels both metal and carbon fiber. Mid to upper mid for price. I got mine from one of the Tri web sites for a first order and got an extra 15% on the sale price so there are some deals out there. Good luck on the next race. My next olympic is in 3 weeks.
J

J,

Thanks for the info on the wheels.  Iam gonna start to look a little harder this week.  I have a friend that owns a bike store and he said he could get me a pair of Eastons for cost.  We will see what the friend prices are this week.  I went there before and the prices were the same...lol.

How is the weather there now?  It has been in the high 80's to 90's here the last few weeks.  Love the warmer weather but I am starting to train earlier in the day now.  Im trying to have workouts done before the heat of the day or before work.

Good luck on your upcoming race.

Hey,

Great article on you. Ive basically done the same 235 and feeling like crap now 192 and doing things again. Good luck on the wheels there is so much out there and the $ can break the bank if your not careful. Weather is finally good here ....longest winter I can remember. Good luck on the up coming races. I have an Olympic in 2 weeks and vineman a (gulp) HIM. The run I can slog thur the ride will be ok the swim still worries me. There will definately be some breast stroke involved. Hope you get the wheels before your next race. For me they really helped, definately faster and smoother riding .The tires also helped as well. Have a good summer.
J

2010-06-10 1:32 PM
in reply to: #2906756

User image

New user

Southern Oregon
kimmax - 2010-06-07 4:53 PM Hey Everyone!  It's been a while since I've posted but I've been checking out your logs and it looks like everyone is doing well.  Congrats to Jonathon on a great race this past weekend!!  Which brings me to my question...

You guys are all so fast on your bike.  I look at my speeds compared to last year and I don't see any improvement at all !?  How do you get faster?  I suspect the answer is "ride more" but wondering if there are drills or something that will help pick up the pace.  I've been getting out in the mornings lately when traffic is at a minimum - the sun just on the brink of rising - it's a nice smooth road and when the lights are working for me my speed - in the big ring - is about 28km/hr which is about 17miles.  For the most part - I feel I could maintain 25km/hr forever (15.5 miles) and anything more requires me to push it  Frown

I want to be a speed demon!!! 
On the upside - I am a lot strong climbing hills than I once was so there is SOME improvement.

Looks as though tri season is here!  Everyone is working towards a race within the next month... just peachy! Smile
My first sprint is June 26th but funnily enough I'm looking forward to my July race more.  ?!  This feels like a formality!

Just getting in better shape over all has helped me (and loosing the gut) so I am more comfortable in the drops or the aerobars. My longer rides have actually been more productive by staying well hydrated and fueled so I seem to be getting more out of each one of them as opposed to last year where I was just barely getting thru the longer rides. Good luck on your next race. I tried to get a run in Central Park this week but too much going on but did manage to walk about 100+ blocks a day. Take care
J
2010-06-21 12:29 PM
in reply to: #2558214

User image

Veteran
Long Beach, CA

Hey guys,

I hope you all are doing well.

It has become pretty quiet and I am leaving town for IM CDA on Wednesday and will be gone for 2 weeks.  I'm going to "unofficially" close the thread, but feel free to correspond with me or the other members via PM or Inspires.

I know you guys have a bunch of racing coming up:

Marcia- This weekend- Welland
Jay- This weekend- Pacific Crest
Craig- July- GraniteMan
Shawn- July- Indianapolis
Jonathon- July- TraAthlone

Good luck to all!

Please do not hesitate to look me up with questions.

Please stay with it.  There is nothing better than being fit.  It is not only good for the body, it is good for the brain.

Best,

Scott

2010-06-21 12:38 PM

User image

Veteran
Central Point
Scott,

Good luck at IMCDA and thanks for leading this mentor group.
2010-06-21 1:00 PM
in reply to: #2934496

User image

Master
TORONTO

Good luck Scott and thanks for all the advice/motivation!!  We'll look forward to reading your race report!

2010-06-21 3:12 PM

User image

Thanks for leading mentor group, good luck everyone with your races

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Scottt's Group - Closed Rss Feed  

of 18