United States
Thruston Racing
40F / 4C
Total Time = 24m 6s
Overall Rank = 56/156
Age Group = clydes
Age Group Rank = 5/17
Pre-race routine:

I don't have a pre-race routine. Picked up my friends and headed to the race site.
Event warmup:

Parked the car, since they didn't give us a parking or race map, I guessed wrong. Probably almost a mile to the start line. Man, it was cold too.
Run
  • 24m 6s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 45s  min/mile
Comments:

Had no idea what the course would be like since they didn't give us any information other than the intersection where it would start. Decided to run with my friend Andrea as Tania and KG wanted to pace differently. Besides the cold, felt pretty good. Tried to set a challenging pace for Andrea, but not try to totally wear her out. was at about 8:35 at the first mile and could tell that she needed to slow down just a bit, so I told her I was going to go. Felt good catching people and passing them. Mile 2 was in the low 7's. Legs were really tight and felt something on my groin down the inside of my thigh tighten up, so decided to back off a bit and just finish up. Was a little disturbed on mile 3, saw a guy on the other side of the road getting cpr, not what I wanted to see. Just looked off to the other side and kept going. Got passed, oh no, not today, passed them back up. Guess they thought the same thing as they pushed forward. Decided I didnt have it in me today, just couldnt drum up the motivation....until I saw the finish, what the heck. Picked up the pace (max in that stretch was a 5 minute mile) as I made sure they wouldnt pass me again.
What would you do differently?:

Not much, maybe figure out the parking better, ha. Had a nice morning with some friends. Maybe warm up a little more, but probably wouldnt have helped much with the weather.
Post race
Warm down:

Waited around for my friends, found some shelter from the wind and actually felt nice as the sun poked out.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Just started training a few weeks back and only running once or twice a week. Time to bump it up as the season is approaching

Event comments:

Disappointed that there were no timing chips, just a mass start. Disappointed there was no swag other than an ugly shirt. Where was the race map, the parking map, or am I just spoiled? Oh well, would do again with the same group of friends. Without the friends, wouldnt run it. Apparently the whiskey egg nog was de bomb.

Last updated: 2009-12-16 12:00 AM
Running
00:24:06 | 03.11 miles | 07m 45s  min/mile
Age Group: 5/17
Overall: 53/156
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? No
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? No
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 2

{postbutton}
2009-12-20 6:56 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Jog'r Egg Nog'r 5k

2009-12-20 8:30 PM
in reply to: #2570157

User image

Extreme Veteran
Addison
Subject: RE: Jog'r Egg Nog'r 5k
Great run! Thanks for operating the Derek Shuttle, ha!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Jog'r Egg Nog'r 5k Rss Feed