BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Trishie's Tri Chicks - CLOSED! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 12

2010-02-23 10:40 PM
in reply to: #2687726

User image

Regular
Santa Barbara, CA
Subject: RE: Trishie's Tri Chicks - CLOSED!
Transistioning to AM workouts is no FUN so far. I am grumpy and sluggish and groggy @ 5 AM...will I ever get used to this?

Anyway, I went to a stretching class tonight at the Y, focused on hips, hams and back. It was great! I can't believe how tight my hamstrings are...

Stef, I think I am going to get the same Shimano Tri shoes you showed me...I am trying to justify the $200....my last road bike shoes I have worn for six years and they were about $200 (Sidi's) ...so I guess it's only about $32 a year if I amortize the cost

I also am still lusting after a garmin...but know I could survive without it...Tri toys can get expensive!

Off to San Fran on biz tomorrow for a couple days...going to use the miniscule Marriott sweat box...ummm..gym.

Pamela Cool

2010-02-24 8:17 AM
in reply to: #2576738

User image

Veteran
Pamela, Let me figure out what we paid for them! I am pretty sure my husband purchased them online and got a company to price match for a good deal! I should be able to get back to you asap with the information
2010-02-24 8:24 AM
in reply to: #2685624

User image

Regular
Santa Barbara, CA
IronDiva - 2010-02-22 7:10 AM priorities...

last night i got into my first car accident ever.  i rear-ended a guy who suddenly slowed down (but no brake lights), totaled the front of my car while barely leaving a dent in his huge van's bumper.  no one hurt...!

Ack! Sorry to hear this...it's such a frightening experience...be careful of "residual" shock/injuries...take care of yourself !

Pamela
2010-02-24 8:25 AM
in reply to: #2690187

User image

Regular
Santa Barbara, CA
stefanier - 2010-02-24 6:17 AM Pamela, Let me figure out what we paid for them! I am pretty sure my husband purchased them online and got a company to price match for a good deal! I should be able to get back to you asap with the information

Thanks!
2010-02-24 2:44 PM
in reply to: #2689893

User image

Pro
Burbs
sbtrichick - 2010-02-23 11:40 PM Transistioning to AM workouts is no FUN so far. I am grumpy and sluggish and groggy @ 5 AM...will I ever get used to this?

Anyway, I went to a stretching class tonight at the Y, focused on hips, hams and back. It was great! I can't believe how tight my hamstrings are...

Stef, I think I am going to get the same Shimano Tri shoes you showed me...I am trying to justify the $200....my last road bike shoes I have worn for six years and they were about $200 (Sidi's) ...so I guess it's only about $32 a year if I amortize the cost

I also am still lusting after a garmin...but know I could survive without it...Tri toys can get expensive!

Off to San Fran on biz tomorrow for a couple days...going to use the miniscule Marriott sweat box...ummm..gym.

Pamela Cool

Not that you NEED it... but, ya know, I've been running with my Garmin 205 (same as the 305 but w/ out the HRM) for 3-4 years and I could not imagine running without it. You can find a 205 on the cheap --- esp with the 405 and 310x out right now !

Have a safe trip ! Enjoy the awesome gym
2010-02-24 5:13 PM

Regular
I hope everyone's hump day was really good!

I had such a good run this morning!  It felt so good I didn't want to stop.  I can't wait until I can get of the dreadmill.

Also - I snuck out this morning and took a krav class.  I've been working so much that I really needed the break.  I'm going again tonight.  It feels so great to work out really hard.

Running is all I've had the time to do, and even that has been sporadic.  I hope to hit the gym tomorrow for a long swim and then a long bike ride.  Well, long for me anyway...

It sounds like everyone else is doing pretty good (except for the car accident  - yikes).  Keep up the good work ladies!

Tania

2010-02-24 8:57 PM

User image

Veteran
OK Pamela, here is the information

We orered our shoes from trisports.com . They sell them for $199.99
http://www.trisports.com/shimano-sh-tr51-womens-triathlon-shoe.html

However beyondbikes.com sells them for $159.99.
http://www.beyondbikes.com/itemMatrix.asp?GroupCode=PG-28122&eq=&MatrixType=1&Av=

Trisports.com does price matching, so we worked with them to match the price of beyond bikes. Trisports.com also does free shipping on orders over $99.

Hope that helps!

Edited by stefanier 2010-02-24 8:58 PM
2010-02-25 7:50 PM
in reply to: #2691751

User image

Pro
Burbs

waltontl - 2010-02-24 6:13 PM I hope everyone's hump day was really good!

I had such a good run this morning!  It felt so good I didn't want to stop.  I can't wait until I can get of the dreadmill.

Also - I snuck out this morning and took a krav class.  I've been working so much that I really needed the break.  I'm going again tonight.  It feels so great to work out really hard.

Running is all I've had the time to do, and even that has been sporadic.  I hope to hit the gym tomorrow for a long swim and then a long bike ride.  Well, long for me anyway...

It sounds like everyone else is doing pretty good (except for the car accident  - yikes).  Keep up the good work ladies!

Tania

Great job on the running ! Krav is a break?? Surprised

hope you enjoyed the swim and long bike ride today !!

2010-02-25 7:51 PM
in reply to: #2692019

User image

Pro
Burbs
stefanier - 2010-02-24 9:57 PM OK Pamela, here is the information

We orered our shoes from trisports.com . They sell them for $199.99
http://www.trisports.com/shimano-sh-tr51-womens-triathlon-shoe.html

However beyondbikes.com sells them for $159.99.
http://www.beyondbikes.com/itemMatrix.asp?GroupCode=PG-28122&eq=&MatrixType=1&Av=

Trisports.com does price matching, so we worked with them to match the price of beyond bikes. Trisports.com also does free shipping on orders over $99.

Hope that helps!

oh man, stef - you're making me want new bike shoes !!
2010-02-27 3:58 PM
in reply to: #2692019

User image

Regular
Santa Barbara, CA
STEF: Got them! But they don't fit Sending back to exchange for another size...
2010-02-28 3:32 PM
in reply to: #2694236

Regular
trishie - 2010-02-25 7:50 PM

Great job on the running ! Krav is a break?? Surprised

hope you enjoyed the swim and long bike ride today !!

The swim was so so.  I haven't swum since being in the UK so my performance has degraded a bit.  No worries - I'll get it back.  The bike ride was fantastic.  Well, as fantastic as it can be on the stationary bike .  I can't wait to get out and ride my new road bike!  I'm actually feeling pretty good about training right now.  I'm training to be a 'middle of the packer' and it's looking okey dokey.  I'll have a better feel when I' running and biking outside instead of in the gym.

LOL - yes, krav is a break.  I work from home, so any time I can get out of the house is a break.  And punching foam rubber is definitely a stress buster!

Have a good week everyone!

Tania

2010-03-01 2:27 PM
in reply to: #2697168

User image

Pro
Burbs
sbtrichick - 2010-02-27 4:58 PM STEF: Got them! But they don't fit Sending back to exchange for another size...

hate when that happens !! but yay for an exchange and new bike shoes !
2010-03-01 2:28 PM
in reply to: #2698311

User image

Pro
Burbs

waltontl - 2010-02-28 4:32 PM

The swim was so so.  I haven't swum since being in the UK so my performance has degraded a bit.  No worries - I'll get it back.  The bike ride was fantastic.  Well, as fantastic as it can be on the stationary bike .  I can't wait to get out and ride my new road bike!  I'm actually feeling pretty good about training right now.  I'm training to be a 'middle of the packer' and it's looking okey dokey.  I'll have a better feel when I' running and biking outside instead of in the gym.

LOL - yes, krav is a break.  I work from home, so any time I can get out of the house is a break.  And punching foam rubber is definitely a stress buster!

Have a good week everyone!

Tania

Great attitude ! Cool

and the MOP (middle of the pack) is where it's at !

2010-03-01 3:50 PM

i second the cheer for the MOP! only cool kids allowed in the middle.

well, i don't know about you all, but i felt SO ENERGIZED when i woke up this morning and realized it was MARCH!!! spring will soon spring! no more snow! longer daylight hours! which all add up to: TRAINING OUTSIDE.

i'm chomping at the bit. yesterday i ran 2 loops of central park, because i was so excited to not be on a treadmill.

i've upped my training quite significantly the past 2 months in preparation for this half-IM, and am quite honestly very disappointed i've lost maybe 2 pounds. my bf thinks i'm not eating enough and am in "starvation mode," but i think i'm taking in enough calories, but maybe not making quality choices (and probably not getting enough protein). so, i've decided that march is going to be...nutrition month!

i've started logging all my food on daily plate, just to get some perspective on exactly what i'm eating and when. and i'm going to start experimenting with different drinks/bars/gels (anyone ever use honeystinger products?) and timing thereof in my workouts. i might even go see a sports nutritionist, as i just found out some are covered by my work insurance! fancy. i'm hoping i don't get too type-a on this nutrition kick (i've had a bit of a calorie-obsessing problem when keeping a food log before), but am excited to hopefully figure out some stuff.

i've been having trouble settling on a new bike, so thanks to the bf, i'm going to get fitted on one of those universal-fit bikes, to find out the precisely perfect specs for my body. then, hopefully, i'll make the big purchase!!! yippee!

have a great week, all.
2010-03-01 8:06 PM
in reply to: #2700702

Regular
i've upped my training quite significantly the past 2 months in preparation for this half-IM, and am quite honestly very disappointed i've lost maybe 2 pounds. my bf thinks i'm not eating enough and am in "starvation mode," but i think i'm taking in enough calories, but maybe not making quality choices (and probably not getting enough protein). so, i've decided that march is going to be...nutrition month!

Firstly, I'm certainly no expert.  I'll just say this - I saw a nutritionist a few months ago for the same thing (lots of training and no weight loss) and the only thing she told me was that I wasn't drinking enough water.  Apparently if you don't drink enough your cells hold onto water because they think you're in a drought.  Once you drink more they release the water and you lose weight.  So if you're not a water drinker (like me) and you drink more, you'll lose weight.

Hope that helps someone!

Tania
2010-03-02 7:40 AM

User image

Expert
, North Carolina
Wow... I need to catch up with ya'll!  I haven't been checking in.  Was feeling pretty down for awhile do to some knee pain which I thought was an overuse injury.  But it turns out I have arthritis!  I never would have guessed that.

Anyway, now that I have meds, I feel much better and have picked my training back up.

I need to scroll back to see what ya'll have been up to!

2010-03-05 8:02 AM
in reply to: #2700702

User image

Pro
Burbs
IronDiva - 2010-03-01 4:50 PM i second the cheer for the MOP! only cool kids allowed in the middle.

well, i don't know about you all, but i felt SO ENERGIZED when i woke up this morning and realized it was MARCH!!! spring will soon spring! no more snow! longer daylight hours! which all add up to: TRAINING OUTSIDE.

i'm chomping at the bit. yesterday i ran 2 loops of central park, because i was so excited to not be on a treadmill.

i've started logging all my food on daily plate, just to get some perspective on exactly what i'm eating and when. and i'm going to start experimenting with different drinks/bars/gels (anyone ever use honeystinger products?) and timing thereof in my workouts. i might even go see a sports nutritionist, as i just found out some are covered by my work insurance! fancy. i'm hoping i don't get too type-a on this nutrition kick (i've had a bit of a calorie-obsessing problem when keeping a food log before), but am excited to hopefully figure out some stuff.

i've been having trouble settling on a new bike, so thanks to the bf, i'm going to get fitted on one of those universal-fit bikes, to find out the precisely perfect specs for my body. then, hopefully, i'll make the big purchase!!! yippee!

have a great week, all.

woooo !! sounds like you are doing great ! I love spring and it's so nice to finally come home from work in the DAYLIGHT!

re: losing weight while training... I really don't think it's easy to lose weight while training for an endurance event. While shorter workouts may aid in weightloss, putting in hours of s/b/r leaves you HUNGRY ! and you need to EAT! Focus on quality choices (easier said than done, I know). I gained about 5-7 pounds while training for IMCOZ. I was just so damn hungry all of the time and I couldn't deny myself the fuel.

New bike -- woohooo !! Which ones are you looking at? Any ideas ??
2010-03-05 8:03 AM
in reply to: #2701652

User image

Pro
Burbs
maria40nc - 2010-03-02 8:40 AM Wow... I need to catch up with ya'll!  I haven't been checking in.  Was feeling pretty down for awhile do to some knee pain which I thought was an overuse injury.  But it turns out I have arthritis!  I never would have guessed that.

Anyway, now that I have meds, I feel much better and have picked my training back up.

I need to scroll back to see what ya'll have been up to!

Hey --- good to see you here Are you still planning on doing the HM this month? Will the knee let you ??
2010-03-05 8:13 AM

User image

Pro
Burbs
can everyone please post

the name of their next race
the date
the distance

thanks !!
2010-03-05 12:27 PM

NYC Half-Marathon
March 21
13.1 run
2010-03-05 12:43 PM

User image

Veteran
Hey gang, sorry for the short absence. I will explain when I have a bit more time to type out the story but long story short
Kinda Injured
Took time off from training
Got a new bike
Cried about new bike
Love new bike

LOL

Next race
Snickers half Marathon
Tomorrow
13.1 miles

Oh and here is my new bike. I have named her Princess P.I.T.A. There are quiet a few more pictures on my blog!
Princess P.I.T.A.

2010-03-05 1:10 PM

Regular
Got the Nerve
May 22 2010
Sprint (500y swim, 16m bike, 5K run)
2010-03-05 7:18 PM
in reply to: #2709241

User image

Regular
Santa Barbara, CA
trishie - 2010-03-05 6:13 AM can everyone please post

the name of their next race
the date
the distance

thanks !!

RACE: Peabody School 10k (part of Grand Prix series)
DATE: 3/6/2010 (tomorrow!)
DISTANCE: 10k = 6.2 miles = the FURTHEST I HAVE EVER RUN.

It's going to rain all day tomorrow.

Aye carumba

Pamela
2010-03-06 12:24 PM
in reply to: #2711069

User image

Regular
Santa Barbara, CA
Finished my first 10k Race today!

First time in my life I have ever run more than 5 miles. My goal was to finish in less than an hour, which I did, 57:30,  I am happy with my time.

Pacing was interesting, I think I could of gone harder, but not sure. Wanted to make sure I didn't run out of gas. Beautiful run along the shore.

Now I need a nap but  I am too excited-- pacing the house waiting for Fedex to deliver my Garmin! They are supposed to deliver it today...

PamelaCool
2010-03-06 4:54 PM

Regular
I'm starting to freak out. 

I can swim the 500 yds, bike the 16 miles, and run the 5K easily, each individually.  But I have no confidence that I could do all 3 at once.  It occurs to me that I should be training extra distances to ensure that I can make the sprint distance that is required.  So I am ratcheting my training up to make sure I can do it at the end of May!

On a separate note, I am soooo hungry ALL the time.  Plus, they now make baked Cheetos!  Life is good.

I am humbly asking for any and all advice about training and dieting.

Thanks guys,

Tanis
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Trishie's Tri Chicks - CLOSED! Rss Feed  

of 12