General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Michigan swim instructors? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-12-31 3:57 PM

User image

, Utah
Subject: Michigan swim instructors?
Does anyone know of a good swim instructor in the Flint, MI area? My parents live in Grand Blanc, MI and took swim lessons from a woman at the Flint YMCA a couple years ago. They also did an indoor triathlon class last winter. In both cases the person instructing them taught them only enough for them to be able to get from one end of the pool to the other but did nothing to work with them proper form or technique. Needless to say, they are both really struggling and my mom's technique is really horrible. They go to the pool a couple times a week to swim but are getting really frustrated. She'd really like to do a sprint triathlon this summer but it's going to be a real challange if she can't improve her swimming. Unfortunately, I live in Atlanta so I can't work with them. I try to help when I do see them but they need much more one on one time then I can obviously give. I'd really like to try to find someone in their area who can help them improve their swimming. I saw a thread on here about a masters program in Milford but I'm not sure they are ready for any type of masters program yet and I'm not sure they want to drive from Grand Blanc to Milford. So ... if anyone lives in Michigan and recommend someone I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Thanks!
Kari

2010-01-01 7:55 AM
in reply to: #2586874

User image

Master
Canton, Michigan
Subject: RE: Michigan swim instructors?

Check out the thread half way down the Michigan page for Metro Area Swim Masters.  Links and info are in there for a Masters program that actually starts Monday and is held at Milford High School, which isn't to far from US23 and M-59, which is an easy drive from Grand Blanc.

2010-01-01 9:14 PM
in reply to: #2586874

User image

Ann Arbor
Subject: RE: Michigan swim instructors?
PM sent.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Michigan swim instructors? Rss Feed