General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New from New York Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-01-02 12:22 PM

Subject: New from New York
Hello everyone.

So I am a college student from new york, about to turn 20 in a few days, and I have some plans to get fit. I've always wanted to try to do a triathalon, but thought it would be too difficult. My first year of college I gained thirty pounds, followed by an addition ten this year. I am borderline overweight now. I have been injured, out of work, and forbidden to work out for the past eight months while I receive treatment, so my beggining goals are simply to quit smoking (which i did for new years and am going strong with) and change my eating habits. Barring the possibly that my disability may be permanent, if my recovery is on track I am planning to slowly become active again. Being that my concentration is nursing I may not always be able to put the time into training, but I figure it's never too early to develop the good habits. I've lurked around this site for awhile now, and nowhere else can I find more realistic solutions to health and weight loss. Hopefully I may be able to join some of you in a race within the next year or two! So anyways, that's me.

2010-01-03 7:42 AM
in reply to: #2589264

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Subject: RE: New from New York
Welcome to the site! Stick with it and you'll be amazed at the results!
2010-01-04 9:09 PM
in reply to: #2590340

Thanks! I feel silly being here while disabled. But I'm hoping that this will encourage to be healthy even NOW
2010-01-05 7:33 AM
in reply to: #2589264

User image

Extreme Veteran
New York
I would bet there are lots of other injured people here--check out the posts about injuries and you will see you are not alone! Welcome to your new healthy life! And congratulations on quitting smoking, if you can get through that then you definitely have the mental focus and strength you need to do a triathlon.
Kelly
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New from New York Rss Feed