Championship Racing, LLC
17F / -8C
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 38m 28s
Overall Rank = 271/434
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 17/22
Pre-race routine:

Ate 2slices toast w/ peanut butter, 1/2 orange, 1/2cup coffee.

Event warmup:

Arrived 30mins early, and completed 1mi warm up run. Visited the necessary facilities and lined up in the 10:00min/mi corral.

Kept moving around to keep from freezing. Noticed snow falling as we were lining up and thought it was quite interesting for Alabama.
Run
  • 1h 38m 28s
  • 10 miles
  • 09m 51s  min/mile
Comments:

Great Run.
Dressed in UA cold gear tights, cover shorts, UA cold gear mock top, UA LS top, Brooks ear cover/head wrap, two pair gloves.

Shed the first gloves at mile 2. Stayed comfortable throughout the rest of the run.

Ran the first 6mi pretty easily, then the second loop is when my brain started counting down. The wind picked up in several locations, so it felt as though I wasn't going anywhere. The dropping temperatures didn't help. Once out of the wind, it was good and things returned to normal.

Felt great throughout but noticed the HR really creeping up at the end and just held the last mile in cruise control until the finish was within sight.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing. Run more to increase my AG placement, but overall, definitely within my abilities

My overall goal was to maintain and keep a 10min/mi, which I did, so things went to plan like they should. Now, just need to shoot and get that down to 9min/mi soon enough.
Post race
Warm down:

Picked up water at the tent post exiting the chute. Walked to my vehicle. Did not participate in post race activities.

Went on to the house to warm up.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Training. This was the longest run to date and served mostly as a training run.

Event comments:

Water stops fought ice forming in the drinks, and ice in/around the water stops.

Will do next year!

Last updated: 2009-12-23 12:00 AM
Running
01:38:28 | 10 miles | 09m 51s  min/mile
Age Group: 17/22
Overall: 271/434
Performance: Good
Fastest 9:34 Slowest 9:54 Avg HR 167, Max HR 179
Course: Two loops. #1-6mi, #2-4mi Through downtown Birmingham with some rough road sections. Most were pretty easily navigated. One sharp uphill over the railroad tracks (read: cold & windy). Otherwise flat.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? No
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-01-09 9:03 PM

User image

Master
North Alabama
Subject: Red Nose Run

2010-01-09 10:34 PM
in reply to: #2605492

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Red Nose Run
Killer run!

Would have liked to have met you out there, but I was too concerned with trying not to freeze to death!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Red Nose Run Rss Feed